Mighty Mouse The New Adventures FINALLY coming to DVD

Drtooth

Reaction score
I read in a cartoon magazine that during the 80's, networks didn't want original ideas. They only wanted cartoons based off toys, movies, sitcoms, and remakes of old cartoons. And that's what brought on Mighty Mouse, the New Adventures.
Clearly the reason why. And it was in good hands too. All the other remakes had kids. Thank Frog Mighty and Pearl weren't forced to have personality devoid kids.... or worse, kids like Scrappy-Doo. I still hate that they did that to the Pink Panther.

Again, I just hope this opens up the option for other Terrytoons cartoon collections... I'd love to see the Filmation Mighty Mouse cartoons come to DVD at some point as well. Other than Fat Albert, I think that version of Mighty mouse was one of the best things the studio haad ever done... their Heckle and Jeckle? not so much... but "The Great Space Chase" would be great on DVD.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I'd love to see the Filmation Mighty Mouse cartoons come to DVD at some point as well. Other than Fat Albert, I think that version of Mighty mouse was one of the best things the studio haad ever done
Well, Filmation's done a lot of cool shows- many of which are on DVD now, like He-Man, She-Ra and one of my favorites (and their last)- Bravestarr.
Of course they also did the classic Archie cartoons from the '60s and '70s and live action shows like Isis and Shazam!
:smile: But it's all good. There's some good cartoons today I like... but most of them are from the '60s to the '80s.:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Frankly, Filmation's best work outside of Fat Albert and Mighty Mouse was all in the 60's with the Archie and DC comics cartoons. I never did care for He-Man or anything else like that. I have respect for what they tried to do, keeping animation in the US while others were outsourcing, but I have heard nothing but negative things come out of people who worked there. Plus, they had NO RIGHT to mess with Tom and Jerry the way they did. I mean... ew.

That said, here's something else interesting...

John K actually worked on the Filmation Mighty Mouse and Heckle and Jeckle series. As did one of his peers, Eddie Fitzgerald. I'm not sure how obvious their handywork is if you can spot it... but both of them worked there at one point. And, to quote a John K character, No Sir, they didn't like it!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I also can't forget one of my other favorite (and most sought after) Filmation series- The Hardy Boys!:smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
This cartoon was just the best! Glad it's finally coming out!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that- thought the cover art was a little wonky- is that how Mighty Mouse was drawn on the series?:confused:
If I've seen this show at all, it's been years- but I would've thought the animation would be a bit better than that.:eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd say so

Actually, I wonder if Mike Kazaleah drew this one. He drew numerous stories for the 10 issue Marvel Mighty Mouse comic that was not entirely based off of the series per se... though it did have a LOT of stories drawn in that style, and featured a lot of the characters from the MM TNA series. Kazaleah drew stories that were based specifically off the TNA series, and it really looks like how he represented him.