1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Mike Lisa : 11 Years No Puppet.

Discussion in 'Puppets For Sale' started by spencer, Feb 18, 2018.

1. spencer

spencer New Member

Hi, Has anyone else waited over 11 years for a puppet from replica puppet builder Mike Lisa? He is Currently working under the name of MJL puppets (previously Creature Clones). Michael took over a $1000 from me in the summer of 2006 and I have seen nothing. He is now unresponsive after years of false promises and even trying to sell me more puppets while I wait.

I see he is still advertising his puppets through social media so presume he is still in business? I hope no other Muppet fans go through the same experience I have with MJL puppets. An expensive lesson learned! But I would be interested to hear other people's stories. Becareful folks.
    Zappetman and Pig's Laundry like this.
  2. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I mate I've no personal experience but I've came across a thread on here when I first joined but the man is a con he will take your money but won't give you your product unless you sue him
    Zappetman and spencer like this.
  3. spencer

spencer New Member

Hi, I really appreciate your reply. Thank you for taking the time. I also hope by posting my experience it may make others think twice before handing over any money to Mike Lisa.
    Zappetman and BlakeConor14 like this.
  4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Aw man, that's a shame. I follow the guy on Instagram and his puppets look AMAZING! I was really hoping to save up enough money to buy something from him. Oh well, I guess it's time to unfollow him. Perhaps if enough of us on here have Instagram accounts, we can spread the word by commenting on his posts, and replying to people who want to buy one of his puppets.
    Zappetman and spencer like this.
  5. spencer

spencer New Member

Thank you for your reply. It's such a shame and I wish there was a happy ending to this.

I have since been directed to reports filed on a website called rip off report from other unhappy Mike Lisa customers who have paid for puppets through his companies including one known as 'Creature Clones'

MJL Puppet Design also have quite a following on Facebook.

Unfortunately Mike refuses to respond to my messages so I am in process of taking this further. I just want it resolved. I Will update you.

On a positive I know there are plenty of other honest and talented puppet designers out there and have been put in contact with some thanks to the forum