Mike Quinn

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
I had lucky break the other day, in that I had taken a Muppet style aardvark puppet, that I am making at the moment, over to a friend who is a puppeteer and maker, for advice and suggestions.

Geoff had worked extensivley with Mike Quinn, Karen Prell and Dave Barclay at Ultimate Animates (their English puppet making company) so thought he would be the best person to ask about construction (wasn't happy with the arm attachments etc), but just as Geoff was explaining what he thought I should do Mike Quinn rang from America, and Geoff put me onto him and he happily answered my questions. What a thoroughly nice man! Was very pleased.

Now that I've written this post there doesn't seem to be much point to it really, other than to say how nice and helpful Mike seems. Oh well! Thank you Mike should you get to read this.

James

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
You seem to have lots of encounters with muppeteers. Arent you the one who met Louise Gold? or am I thinking of someone else?

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Yea I've met Louise Gold a couple of times. The other muppet type encounters have just been with background performers/assistant puppeteers, some of whom I'm good friends with now.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I met both Mike and Karen at MuppetFest, and worried they might think I was trying to horde their time so I didn't bother talking to them too long; but Mike is awesome. He sat down with me and a few other fellas and talked for a good long time with us. I felt like I might be keeping him so I excused myself, and hated myself for it later, he was still talking away!

Next time, I want to offer to buy them some Coke and fries! :smile: They're such nice folks.

So, what'd they tell you about the arm attachments and puppetry?? Share! :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Punch'n'Judy said:
Yea I've met Louise Gold a couple of times. The other muppet type encounters have just been with background performers/assistant puppeteers, some of whom I'm good friends with now.
You lucky devil

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
You're welcome James!!!

.... Oh and remember... I want to see pictures when it's finished! :wink:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
i think for the most part you will find that all of us who are puppet designers, or performers, who have worked for Henson in the past (and those that havent ) are generally nice folks, i think it is simply the natur eof many puppet people to be good natured, (granted their are always exceptions, but those are few and far between)

i wouldnt have persued puppetry and the muppets if i hadnt had such good fortune to meet many people who worked thier when i was in high school , and to get encouragement and support for my work .

glad to see it is a tradition that continues.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thats one of the reasons I love puppetry and animation so much. Most people involved are so nice, interesting creative people. I've met some great people already.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Mike Quinn said:
.... Oh and remember... I want to see pictures when it's finished! :wink:

YES! Post a link to some pictures of your puppet!!

Ravage, you're awsome, too, because you've offered a TON of help in the Puppetry thread! Kudos! :smile:

Me, I'm no help. I'm bear-ly even comedy relief! :embarrassed: