Miles is a R&B soul star, who knew

zanimum

Reaction score
According to TV Tome, Olamide Faison who currently plays Miles on the series, is actually part of "Imajin", an R&B group. Who knew? Sure they've had up and comers like Savion Glover join their cast, but I didn't know that list included little old Miles!

According to RollingStone.com:
"The funky, R&B soul-grooves of this teen quartet -- composed of lead vocalist/guitarist Olamide Faison, keyboardist Talib Kareem, drummer Jamal Hampton and keyboardist John Fitch -- were first discovered by Jive Records producer Bert Price in 1996. Price was amazed with the collective talent of the boys, who had spent the better part of their childhood honing their music talents in their local choir.

After putting them in the studio with soul singer Gerald Levert, with whom they recorded one track, Price offered the young group a record contract. Their first single, "Shorty (You Keep Playin' With My Mind)," appeared early in 1998. Imajin's eponymous debut full-length followed later that year, just in time to land an opening spot on the Mary J. Blige/Usher tour."

pipmama

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but he is also the brother of the actor on "Scrubs" and the movie Clueless, Donald Faison.