1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Milo Murphy's Law: Upcoming Disney XD Cartoon series

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drtooth, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Dan and Swampy are having a ball promoting this show.

2. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I saw this and laughed like a hyena. Hearing these two as Doof and Major Monogram (did I spell that right?) was just great.

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Nice to hear from Dr. Doof again.

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  4. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I liked the episode where Milo helped his school's football team break their losing streak by using his bad luck against the rivals, mainly because Weird Al performed a musical number during it. :)

5. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Sorry to be off topic here, but remember the UG episode 'PAL.0'? I saw it for the first time today, and it was hilarious. I was NOT expecting to see Weird Al voicing the RV's computer.

6. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I love both Weird Al and Phineas & Ferb so I'm going to watch this as soon as I get a chance. I have two episodes being taped on the DVR right now that I will watch as soon as they tape, :).

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

That was a beautiful-I never knew how much I needed that.

8. mr3urious

Milo's relationship with his big sister Sara is a real genuinely heartwarming one. I think it's really refreshing to see cartoons where the siblings aren't constantly at each other's throats, like with the twins on Gravity Falls. I also like the crossing guard who is extra wary of all the chaos Milo causes, and takes his job super seriously as a result.

Mr Snrub likes this.
  9. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Caught an episode where Milo and Melissa get swept up with their school's football team, The Geckos.
    Good stuff in this episode... Nice joke about the German sausages. Liked the song about "rooting for the enemy". And I agree with Milo's observation at the beginning. Never knew why people needed a rally to get some pep.

Especially when they can chew that brand of bubble gum that gives people anti-gravitational weightless flotation powers.
    *Waits to see if anybody gets that reference, Drtooth, I'm looking at you. ;)

10. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

So far, only 10 15-minute episodes have aired on the Disney networks; I can hardly wait until they finally manage to get something new into the rotation, otherwise chances are that viewers will probably get tired or lose interest until some new episodes premiere...

11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

So, new episodes are finally coming out this month. If you have full access to Watch Disney XD, you can see the majority of the new episodes now.

I'm not 100% enthralled by it yet, though and I can't really articulate why. It seems kind unfocused. "Secrets and Pies" has probably the loosest / "what's the point" plot of the ones I've watched so far.

And like, I get that they're trying to make a new Perry/Doof thing out of those Pistachio guys, but they literally don't tie into anything most of the time. Perry and Doof had ties to the family outside of the "whatever evil scheme he's doing somehow wipes out the kids' invention by the end of the episode" shtick. Here, they're just doing their own thing that gets affect by Milo and sometimes vice verse, but not enough to justify it.

P&F was formulaic, yes, but that at least gave them a road map of how their episodes would work. MML has the freedom to do literally anything and it doesn't seem to be working.

12. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

As of the "Time Out" episode, Balthazar Cavendish [the stuffy British steampunk-styled agent] has been Flanderized into believing that Milo Murphy is a counteragent sent to thwart the pistachio-guarding mission. It seems remarkably similar to Candace's relentless pursuit of busting Phineas and Ferb, which is somewhat understandable, since P&F and Milo Murphy's Law were both created by Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh...

13. Oscarfan

I wouldn't say one can "Flanderize" a character within the first few episodes of a series.

mr3urious likes this.
  14. Oscarfan

And besides, it actually ties them directly into Milo's stories, rather than just sort of happening on the sidelines without affecting the plot at all like they had them do in a few episodes.

15. mr3urious

I liked how they just had an episode explaining the oft-mentioned "Llama incident" that was even seen in the intro, and that we know what kind of dog breed Diogee is (he's a llamadog, whose herding instincts Milo helps to use to save the day). Was Carl Wheezer secretly the head writer for that ep.? :D

Also, in another past episode, they showed that the town is called "Swamp City", and that it appears to neighbor Danville from P&F, further cementing MML's status as being in the same universe as that show. Maybe we could see Cavendish and Dakota come across Doofenshmirtz, or even show Diogee as a member of OWCA alongside Perry the Platypus? :)

16. mr3urious

That was quite a season finale. I really liked the time-travel adventure Milo had with Cavendish and Dakota, who are also bound to be future allies. There's also a new antagonist in the form of a pistachio mutant inadvertently created by some green pistachio growth substance from the episode "The Substitute", and he's voiced by Rhys Darby, who's been in a lot of stuff lately. We even see that C&D were the inspiration behind the main characters of Doctor Zone.

Also, we're getting a crossover between MML and Phineas & Ferb for next year, as I predicted. Perhaps Diogee would join O.W.C.A.? :)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/milo-murphys-law-phineas-ferb-crossover-is-coming-1022459

17. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Candace:MOM! Phineas and Ferb are doing a crossover with some show I've never heard of.

18. MikaelaMuppet

So Phineas & Ferb is coming back after all?

19. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I don't think so, just a crossover. And I don't think it should come back, either. If it ran for any longer, it would probably go through seasonal rot like SpongeBob and Family Guy.

(Though I personally would like to see a spinoff show about Perry, Doof, and the agents of OWCA, but that's just me.)

20. MikaelaMuppet

Why?