MindStyle Fraggle Figures Revealed

muppetguy

Reaction score
Yay!

How big are these figurines, they don't look big at all? AND when will these be available and where? Thanks!:excited:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Aw, I want them. I just don't want to have to buy a billion blind boxes to get them. Few companies know quite how to market to the Muppet/Henson/Fraggle fan or those with even a casual interest. We do seem more finicky than others. You can't just slap a pair of googly eyes and get most of us.

I'm just glad they went with a traditional style. PVCs are great and allow for more fluid poses. I believe if these are seen as successful that the company could issue larger sized sculpts. I am just not sold that MindStyle is the company to do them due to the high expense of their other items. They are more of a general urban vinyl collector based company than a fan based one.

I’m just glad that what is pictured here amounts to more than kitsch. These are done nicely.

beaker

Reaction score
I went through the Fraggle Rock figure thread, and remembered all the endless 2001-2008 Muppet figure threads I glanced. And its interesting how fussy fans can be. Muppetdom is extremely underground. Much more so than even Firefly and Farscape fandom. Just sucks to see so many people be hyper critical and poo poo the few drops of rain we get.

Mindstyle has done some pretty cool posable action vinyl figures(of the Kid Robot variety) I was thinking these Fraggle figures would be more in the $5 Japanese gashaphon vein, or *gasp* articulated and smooth.

Either way, I can't wait to get all these...but whats this? Like the Corgi Electric Mayhem polystone figure set, or the Palisades Electric Mayhem mini figure set...these dont seem like they'll ever see the light of day.

Personally I hate how by 1997 the giant, almost none articulated, grotesquely detailed style has overtaken every segment of the collector figure market. You go to any toy aisles, and kid's toys...from Ben 10 to DC Super heroes have a nice smooth, 4" figure look. As an 80's child, I always preferred that kind.

The idea that figures shouldnt be articulated anymore seems bizarre. So definitely, it'd be great to someday finally get articulated Fraggle figures.

In the meantime, it's too bad these don't seem to be getting made anymore.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I went through the Fraggle Rock figure thread, and remembered all the endless 2001-2008 Muppet figure threads I glanced. And its interesting how fussy fans can be. Muppetdom is extremely underground. Much more so than even Firefly and Farscape fandom. Just sucks to see so many people be hyper critical and poo poo the few drops of rain we get.

Mindstyle has done some pretty cool posable action vinyl figures(of the Kid Robot variety) I was thinking these Fraggle figures would be more in the $5 Japanese gashaphon vein, or *gasp* articulated and smooth.

Either way, I can't wait to get all these...but whats this? Like the Corgi Electric Mayhem polystone figure set, or the Palisades Electric Mayhem mini figure set...these dont seem like they'll ever see the light of day.

Personally I hate how by 1997 the giant, almost none articulated, grotesquely detailed style has overtaken every segment of the collector figure market. You go to any toy aisles, and kid's toys...from Ben 10 to DC Super heroes have a nice smooth, 4" figure look. As an 80's child, I always preferred that kind.

The idea that figures shouldnt be articulated anymore seems bizarre. So definitely, it'd be great to someday finally get articulated Fraggle figures.

In the meantime, it's too bad these don't seem to be getting made anymore.
I just stated that the Fraggle figures were reportedly postponed - not canceled. They are intended to coincide with the upcoming film. MindStyle can afford to sit on their license and exploit it later for greater gain instead of the secondary market getting all the spoils. Way of the world.

There are many different types of figures on the collectibles market. I know this because I sell all sorts of them every week. Also, the Muppets aren't the least bit underground anywhere I have been. People know about them. There has been a scarcity of projects to synchronize with product sales. That's the big mystery and that's changing as we know. Pretty soon companies are going to be a little more competitive with quality in their Muppet items as I believe they will become more popular in the coming year.

I agree that PVCs can be high quality pieces and that's what these look like to me. Articulation does not drive the collectible figures market - brand name does. Those little somewhat stiff and mildly articulated Star Wars figures are hands down the most popular figural item in any mainstream or independent toy store that carries them. The Henson properties are finally getting the pixie dust needed to root the band names of Muppets and Fraggles.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I want 'em, bad. But blind boxes? Really?

You'd think they'd've had laser surgery by now.

I keed, I keed.:stick_out_tongue:

beaker

Reaction score
I just stated that the Fraggle figures were reportedly postponed - not canceled. They are intended to coincide with the upcoming film. MindStyle can afford to sit on their license and exploit it later for greater gain instead of the secondary market getting all the spoils. Way of the world.

There are many different types of figures on the collectibles market. I know this because I sell all sorts of them every week. Also, the Muppets aren't the least bit underground anywhere I have been. People know about them. There has been a scarcity of projects to synchronize with product sales. That's the big mystery and that's changing as we know. Pretty soon companies are going to be a little more competitive with quality in their Muppet items as I believe they will become more popular in the coming year.

I agree that PVCs can be high quality pieces and that's what these look like to me. Articulation does not drive the collectible figures market - brand name does. Those little somewhat stiff and mildly articulated Star Wars figures are hands down the most popular figural item in any mainstream or independent toy store that carries them. The Henson properties are finally getting the pixie dust needed to root the band names of Muppets and Fraggles.
1. Aw, well I can see that making sense...but is the Fraggle film still on? And Im guessing it wouldnt even be out til 2010?
Remember how 2008 was suppose to see Dark Crystal 2?

2. Yeah, everyone knows who Kermit, "the two old guys", Gonzo, ect. are. But FANDOM. Ive never encountered in my life, in all my years going to comic shops, coffee shops, online, college, ect
anyone who was a passionate fan of the Muppets other than folks ive met from here(online or in person)

Ive met plennnnty of Firefly, Star Wars, Star Trek, Twilight, Buffy, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG1/Atlantis, ect buffs.

As Luke once said, there's maybe a thousand hardcore rabid Muppet/Jim Henson enthusists like us. I started consciously collecting Muppet/Sesame/Jim Henson related merchandise
since the early 1980's, and its strange to me how you just never encounter people who are like us, with more than a passing
interest.

3. My dream has always been to see Muppets given the Star Wars treatment: An endless array of 3-4 3/4 inch articulated figures ala 1978 Fisher Price or the 2003 Jack in the Box Muppet figure line.