1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Cosmic Cow, Feb 5, 2008.

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Awesome. So some time within December before the upcoming anniversary next year.
  2. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

When I get my toys I will make a fraggle photocomic or two with them, I love to do them already with my ponies, so fraggles should be fun :3
  3. twasbrillig12

twasbrillig12 Member

Aw that's cute! I'm thinking of building a model dark ride into fraggle rock. Once I get a figure to scale it by...
  4. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And I'm sure we'd all be glad to ride on it!
  5. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Is there any news on these figures? Seems there was some kind of hype and then nothing at all. Still happening?
  6. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

We never know anymore *sigh* :(
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Hopefully someone at SDCC will find a booth and get better pictures.
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Aren't these shelved until the movie? That's what had been reported.

(In my stern frogboy voice) Listen up, MindStyle people and make your way over to Karen Prell, Dave Goelz and Red Fraggle tomorrow and see how popular Fraggle Rock really is. Then hit the factory button as fast as you can! :excited:
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Agreed. Fans may not all be there in person, but when the con activity hits YouTube, fans from all over will come in droves, guaranteed.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It doesn't matter. I have a feeling the Red appearance is going to draw a huge crowd even before YouTube. :excited:
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Of course it will. Red is one of the most popular Fraggles and is--along with her friends--an iconic staple.
  12. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Like I said, when I was little I thought Red was the main character of FR, and Gobo was just her sidekick *lol*:excited:
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

They were VERY lucky getting that license before the movie was properly greenlighted weren't they? lol. I bet they're attitude will change about the potential market for these, probably wouldn't even need the blind boxing at all now.
  14. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Why would they need to blind box them anyway? To sell more?:confused: After comic con they might not have to worry about that :excited:
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:smirk: What are you talking about? I don't think you understood me.

Having licensors at the ComicCon actually see so many people (die hard and casual fans alike) gathered to watch Red's performance tomorrow will prove how loved - and marketable - they are. It won't take YouTube to show Fraggle popularity (even though it's sweet for the fans who can't go). That is and has always been my point. :coy:
  16. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

And a good point it is *patpat* :)
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Cuz Japan does it, and that makes it okay? I've bought a lot of Japanese blind box figures when they were Japan exclusive. Kinnikuman Statuettes, One Piece figures with candy...

As I said, I'm not one of those guys who goes out and collects the trendy Kidrobot "Obscure artist PVC bears puking" figures, but I'll definately pick up these Fraggles.

And as I recall, they wanted a set they could sell to comic book stores that come with letters (for no reason) that are blind box, and a smaller run of letterless window boxed figures. I hope they just give up the former, and give us the latter.
  18. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Ah well, the artistic things I could do even with FR letter blocks ;3
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Exactly. I know of no figures that are collected because of their alphabetical appeal. That smacks of a corporate decision from someone that doesn't understand action figures, collectors and not to mention the Fraggle brand. The blind boxing that I went through with their Jim Henson City Critters was beyond irritating! They were 7 bucks a piece, but I would have put down twice that amount to insure a specific character. I like the MindStyle figures and the fact that they’re doing this license, but I don’t like their customer strategies. Both of these schemes come from a cold place rather than one of Fraggley warmth. :smirk:
  20. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Hear, hear! Well said, Frogboy!

I don't know if we got spoiled by some of the companies out there actually listening to the fans, but when it's the fans who will be paying for this stuff they really need to listen to us and what we want and expect in products. They could certainly ensure a popular and successful product line if they do/would.