1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Minor Muppets you'd like to see in the new movie?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Duke Remington, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

As we all know, the new Muppet movie is bringing back quite a few old friends that we haven't seen or heard from in years, like Uncle Deadly, Thog, Behemoth, etc.

Which other minor Muppet characters are you hoping will pop up in the new film? Some of the ones that I'm hoping to see are:

-Lenny the Lizard
    -Boppity
    -Gloat
    -Droop
    -Baskerville
    -Muppy
    -Rover Joe
    -T.R. the Rooster
    -Catgut
    -Afghan Hound
    -the Black Rooster
    -George the Janitor
    -Mildred Huxtetter
    -Hilda
    -Gorgon Heap
    -Beautiful Day Monster
    -Luncheon Counter Monster
    -Gladys the cafeteria lady
    -Louis Kazzager
    -Lips
    -The Mutations
    -Timmy Monster
    -DogLion
    -Mean Mama
    -Lubbock Lou & his Jug-Huggers
    -Miss Mousey
    -Fleet Scribbler
    -Annie Sue
    -Link Hogthrob
    -Dr. Strangepork
    -Crazy Harry
    -Lew Zealand
    -Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphones
    -Beauregard
    -Brewster
    -Nigel the Conductor
    -Trumpet/Trombone Girl
    -the Male & Female Koozebanians
    -the Koozbanian Phoob
    -the Fazoobs
    -Mahna Mahna & the Snowths
    -Fletcherbird
    -Whaddayasay Bird
    -Forcryingoutloud Bird
    -Ohboy Bird
    -Righton Bird
    -Youknow Bird
    -Ohreally Bird
    -the Jim Henson, Frank Oz & Jerry Nelson Muppets

And some others that I can't really think of at the moment.
  2. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Solid Foam
  3. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Of the minor Muppets not yet spoiler-photo'd as being in the movie...

One i'd most love to see: Marvin Suggs
    Most likely to appear: Beauregard
  4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

You called? Oh, you said minor muppets, not muppetz... :)

Anyway, I'd like to see every Muppet in this. But minor characters I most want to see, whether it's with dialogue, their own scenes, or just briefly in the crowd, I want to see:
    • Lips (he was rebuilt recently, so it shouldn't be a problem to include him)
    • Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphone
    • Louis Kazagger
    • Lubbock Lou and his Jughuggers
    • Doglion
    • Gaffer
    • Gladys
    • Fletcherbird
    • Fleet Scribbler

I only listed TMS characters since the writers want it to focus on the classic characters, but I'd also like to see Digit, Leon, Lindbergh, Seymour, Bill the Bubble Guy, and Dr. Phil Van Neuter appear somewhere.
  5. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing when I saw this thread.
    I'd love to see ...
    • Dr. Julius Strangepork
    • Link Hogthrob
    • The Jim, Frank and Jerry puppets
    • Angus MacGonagle (Just think of how gorgeously he could gargle Gershwin!)
    • Mahna Mahna
    • Miss Mousy
    • The Koozbanian Phoob
    • Bill, Gill, and Jill
    • and Kermit the Pig, Fozzie Pig, the Swedish Pig, and The Muppet Newspig
  6. bingboingcutie

bingboingcutie Active Member

It would be great if they brought back Annie Sue and Lips. What I also hope for is lots of classic Muppet hints for the fans and for this movie to be Muppet-y--I hope it is lots like the first three and that this is NOT the LAST MOVIE <the title makes me a little bit nervous>.
  7. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

My list of Minor Muppets are:

Digit
    Blue Frackle
    Leon
    Lips
    Beauregard
    Link Hogthrob
    Dr. Julius Strangepork
    Beautifal Day Monster
    Crazy Harry
    Mahna Mahna
    The Snowths
    Doglion
    Behemoth
    Pops
    Dr. Phil Van Neuter
    Bill the Bubble Guy
    Lindbergh
    Droop
    Baskerville
    Muppy
    Flash
    Bean Bunny
    Big V

...There may be more. Those are some ones I would like to see! I would definetely love for the all members of Solid Foam to appear. Some characters from Muppets Tonight should make a comeback. Those are most of the ones I want! I know some of these will appear! They're going all out for this movie and I can see many obscure characters in the movie!
  8. SeanC

SeanC Member

Fletcherbird, Mean Mamma, Doglion, Timmy.... any of the full bodied ones, really :)
    I'm seriously excited that Thog will be in it. Never thought I'd see him again.
    And in the tradition of the first three Muppet movies, I'd like to see at least one Sesame Street character cameo.
  9. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Oh, there are tons of minor and/or more obscure Muppets I'd love to see appear in the new movie. Pretty much all my favorites have been listed.
    I would have listed Uncle Deadly but we already have confirmation he's appearing in the movie, which is awesome! Has he even shown up in any of the other movies? (Maybe in the crowd scene at the end of "The Muppet Movie", I guess)
    It would also be great to see a few Muppets Tonight characters thrown in somewhere in the background- most particularly, I'd love to see a re-emergence of Seymour. But considering we're not even sure Pepe has much of a role (if any), I don't know if his old comedy partner would be there. But it would be nice to see him. I understand that they're trying to focus on the classic Muppets, but recent productions like "It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" and "Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa" seem to have incorporated many of the Muppets Tonight characters into the cast of regular Muppets- i.e. they are depicted as working with the gang at the Muppet Theater - thus, I think they can be accepted as part of the regular cast that should be there.
    (i.e. Pepe, Johnny Fiama, Sal Minella, Bobo, Clifford, Carl, Bill the Bubble Guy, Dr. Phil Van Neuter, etc.)
    I'd love to see some characters from The Jim Henson Hour back though- like Digit, Leon, Lindbergh, Zondra, Vicki, Bean Bunny, the whole Solid Foam band, and Waldo C. Graphic, for that matter.

It's very cool that Thog is in this movie- it would be amazing to see his long lost brother Thig show up. (I know it would probably be extremely unlikely as the puppet would have to be rebuilt and all)
    But I love the monsters- I would hope Sweetums would be a given, but I would love to see Mean Mama, DogLion, Beautiful Day Monster, Luncheon Counter Monster, Timmy Monster, any and all of the Frackles, the Koozebanian aliens, Big V, Behemoth, The Bossmen, Boppity and Gloat and Droop.
    And all the rest, really.:D
    And how about Bean Bunny, and even the cast of Little Muppet Monsters just for fun- Molly, Tug and Boo. And The Fazoobs and Mulch and Yorick. It would be really cool to have him and some of the Sam and Friends cast there as a quick tribute to Jim Henson's first puppet show.
    And I definitely agree with the tradition of a Sesame Street cameo.
    Of course, Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch have already made classic appearances- and of course, a number of the Sesame Street gang showed up at the end of "The Muppet Movie" and at Kermit and Piggy's wedding in "The Muppets Take Manhattan".
    I don't know if there would be call for a whole bunch of the Sesame Street Muppets to be in there or if it would work better with just one. But if I had to choose one, I'm thinking it might be neat to have Grover show up and have some banter with Kermit at random. Or maybe Cookie Monster. Or maybe someone just totally unexpected at random from Sesame Street- even a newer character like Abby Cadabby or someone like Elmo or Zoe.
    Of course, if we're doing cameos at random, it would also be great to have a cameo from Fraggle Rock and maybe even characters from The Dark Crystal or Labyrinth as background characters.
  10. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Technically not a Muppet, but ...

"We're going to need another Timmy".

LOL.
  11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

He was also at the wedding in MTM.
  12. dwmckim

While it's fun to dream, i hope no one seriously gets any hopes up at seeing a Sesame cameo. Maybe down the line in a future movie, but Disney's been very clear about how they wanted this to be a relaunch of the Classic Muppets (i.e. the ones they own) brand and are trying to get away from the confusion people have about the Sesame Muppets being part of that cast (we almost didn't get Kermit on the cover of the storytime dvd because of that). Sesame/Fraggle/etc cameos just won't be part of the picture this time. The future - anything's possible, but not the 2011 movie.

But...the sky's the limit when it comes to Classic Muppet cameos. Theoretically anyone from that whole family of characters could appear - most likely as background/chorus/walk-on parts but still present. I have my reasons for fully expecting to see no less than five full-bodied Muppets showing up!

Plus, references to other Classic Muppets projects and moments will also be sprinkled throughout - i'm pretty sure at least one song from a past Muppet movie will be playing a part (and not just the rumored Rainbow Connection)

Personally, you know what's so great and exciting about obscure Muppets showing up? It takes money to refurbish (if not fully rebuild) them so the very fact that Disney's given them the budget and okay to do so is not only great for the joy of seeing them included on the big screen - but now these puppets are built and available and awaiting further opportunity to be used...so just the antsy anticipation of where/how they'll be used next is cause for giddiness.
  13. Duke Remington

A few more to add to my existing wish list:

-Geri and the Atrics
    -Bobby Benson and his Baby Band
    -Mulch
    -Bobo the Bear
    -Johnny Fiama & Sal
    -Big Mean Carl
    -Clifford
    -Bean Bunny
    -Seymour
    -Dr. Phil van Neuter
    -Zippity
    -Bill the Bubble Guy
    -Mr. Poodlepants
  14. dwmckim

Kevin's confirmed Clifford will be in it. Bobo was the only post-TMS Muppet in the fall 2009 draft of the script besides Pepe and he was originally going to be in the part they've since replaced with Uncle Deadly so i hope they were able to fit Bobo in elsewhere.

I'd love to see them too. Carl just always brings the funny and has been in recent projects and i so dearly miss Phil, one of my all time fave Muppets

Now that i think of it, i'd REALLY love to see a cameo by the Country Trio given that this will be the first theatrical movie that won't include performances by Jim, Frank, and Jerry.
  15. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

A cameo with the Jim, Frank and Jerry Muppets would be neat, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for it nor would I get my hopes up for a cameo of a Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock Muppet either.

As for Muppets, who could appear. I think number one on my list is Lips, maybe Spamela Hamderson or Annie Sue as a close second of sorts. Clifford would be cool too. I would also geek out a bit if the Extemes from the Jim Henson Hour made some small cameo of sorts.

On the flip side though, I want to mention "major Muppets" who get more than a cameo. For example, I would be really happy with Rowlf got a lot more lines than he did in past Muppet projects. :sympathy:, I'm willing to bet he will, but I'm just mentioning that one.
  16. dwmckim

Rowlf fans will be very pleased.
  17. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I'm sure we will be, :sympathy:. One thing Disney (or least the companies working for or under Disney) does deserve some props on is putting a bit more focus on certain Muppets who sadly haven't had as much camera time during the 90s and early 2000s, such as Scooter, Rowlf and others.
  18. Whatnot1988

Whatnot1988 Member

I hope that they milk the fact that Disney is co-producing the movie and bring in Mickey Moose and Ronald Duck from the Petula Clark episode! All they'd need now is a "Goofy-like" muppet and it'd be perfect!
  19. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

I've never really gotten that confusion. Even when I watched Muppet movies as a kid (for example- "The Muppet Movie" and "The Great Muppet Caper") - I knew that Big Bird and Oscar were from Sesame Street and I knew the other Muppets were from The Muppet Show. I guess I've never really had a confusion between the two so I don't see why it should matter.
    Oh well- I guess I'll just have to settle for Kermit the Frog in the movie as my Sesame Street cameo.:);):wisdom:
  20. Duke Remington

How do you know? Where/when did Kevin Clash confirm that? Will Clifford speak or just be in the background?

And where did you hear of Matt Vogel performing Uncle Deadly?