Minor Muppetz' JHH outline: "Black History Month"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is an outline for The Jim Henson Hour, featuring Eddie Murphy.

Cold Opening/ Muppet Central
Waldo does a color changing trick.

Jim Hensons introduction
Jim henson announces that on tonights show everybidy will be treated equally.

Introduction/ muppet central
Kermit announces that eddie murphy is the guest star and that tonights show celebrates black history month. Gonzo wants to know when they'll celebrate blue history month.

(commercial break)

Muppet Central
waldo turns himself into a febuary calendar and kermit introduces the opening number.

Opening Number: That Old Black Magic
Rowlf (in a snazzy tuxedo) sings and plays the piano, and the girl who was Merlins Assistant sings along, and Rowlf keeps turning her into things, including a frog, a rabbit, a baseball bat, a bat, and a piano.

Muppet Central
A woman from the FCC informs kermtit hat the FCC has been getting a lot of complaints because Clifford is a purple guy who acts like a black guy (Kermit: "well, I'm a green guy but I act white, and you're blue but act like your white"). The FCC lady says that unless Kermit fires Clifford the station will be shut down.

The New Adventures of The Little Rascals
Eddie Murphy plays Buckwheat, Gonzo is Alfalfa (his few pieces of hair stick up), Leon is Stymie, Link is Porky, and Foo Foo is petey. They want to have a pizza, but they can't afford one. However, the pizzaria owner, Pops, offers to give them a free pizza if they can wash his car. They wash, but mistakenly use a brick as a sponge, gasoline as soap, and an extremely dirty towel to dry. When they are done, the car is destroyed and Pops is angry, but it turns out that one customer left before his Piza arrived (and after he paid), so everybody gets a pizza.

Muppet Central
Kermit talks to Leon, Vicki, Gonzo, Bean, and Lindberg about what he has to do. It's going to be tough to fire Clifford.

Fashion Doll Sketch
Amanda is playing with a black friend, who has Bootsy and brad play with a new neighbor (played by Eddie Murphy), who wants to teach them how to dance.

Muppet Central
Kermit tells Clifford that he has to fire clifford. Clifford thinks that the reason he is fired is ridiculous, and has a plan on not getting fired.

(commercial break)

Muppet Central
Bean Bunny does an impression of Gary Coleman.

Sketch
Dr. Strangepork tests out a new machine that can change the color of your skin. Dr. Strangepork gets in the machine and turns black, then he turns red, then Orange, and then plaid. the machine breaks down and he can't turn back to his normal color.

sketch
One of the penguins does a parody of Martin Luther Kings "I Have a Dream" speech.

Muppet Central
Kermit asks the FCC lady to dance with Clifford. She likes his dancing so much that he can stay, and clifford introduces worl premier of the movie that he produced himself.

The Colors Purple & Black
Clifford and Eddie Murphy are painters who are told by Anthony and Fern to paint their house anyway they want. Clifford wants to paint it black, and Fern wants to paint it purple. After arguing for too long, they decide that one half of the house will be black and the other half will be purple.

Muppet Central
Kermit introduces the closing number.

Closing Number
The closing number is a rap music video about freeing the slaves, performed by Solid Foam.

Jim Hensons Closing
Jim Henson tells the viewers to watch next weeks show, whetehr they are black, white, red, green, or purple.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Another great outline! I love the plot line with Clifford. Extra kudos for Kermit's line, "well, I'm a green guy but I act white, and you're blue but act like your white". I also love the sketch with Dr. Strangepork, it's so funny!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Performers of certain Characters

In case you are wondering who certain characters are performed, The FCC lady is performed by Camille Bonora (sounding like meteora from The Christmas Toy), and the penguin who recites Martin Luther King jrs speech is performed by Dan Redican.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's back!

Since this is Feburary, also known as Black History Month, I thought I'd bump this thread so that people can read it now.

:zany: