Minor Muppetz' JHH Outline: Nightmares

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Enjoy this Jim Henson Hour outline. Kathy26 suggested the guest star, but I had thought of doing an outline with this guest for awhile (I think before his recent death, but I can't remember).

Cold Open
Digit plays with a flashlight, and accidently shines it in Kermit's eyes, making them glow green.

Jim Henson's Intro/ Muppet Central
Jim asks Kermit who the guest star is. Kermit says that the special guest star is Michael Jackson.

Muppet Central
Bean Bunny comes to the studio, saying that he had a nightmare. He dreamt that a football team of monsters flushed his teddy bear down the toilet. Meanwhile, Michael Jackson appears on a monitor, ready for the opening number.

Opening Number: Thriller
Michael Jackson sings while riding a CGI rollercoaster with a bunch of Muppets.

Muppet Central
Gonzo says that Michael Jackson is his kind of performer. Meanwhile, a football team of monsters show up, scarring Bean Bunny away.

Contest
The Newsman announces a special ice sculpting contest. A few of the contestants and scultpures are shown: Gonzo has an ice sculpture of a chicken, Lindbergh has sculpted a tool box, and Vicki has sculpted a TV set. First prize is 50 boxes of doughnuts. The monsters show up and tackle The Newsman, and take the doughnuts.

Muppet Central
Bean Bunny hides under a food cart. Kermit, Vicki, and Leon try to convince Bean that he can't keep being scarred, and that nightmares are just images in his head (though Leon keeps saying the wrong things). Kermit says that Bean can't hide under the food cart forever, but Bean think's it's safer. Then The Swedish Chef comes and pushes the cart.

The Swedish Chef
The Swedish Chef tries to make a soup, and looks at his ingredients. He picks up Bean and think's he's supposed to cook him, but Bean runs away in time.

(lead to commercial break)

Mupet Central
Link asks Bean if he's still scarred. Bean says he is, but Link says there's nothignt o be scarred of. Link asks what he dreamt about, and Bean says that he dreamt about a monster football team, and Bean's mention that the monsters have shown up at Muppet Central scared Link away. Bean then sees the monster football team on a monitor, and runs away.

Football Sketch
Louis Kazagger interviews the monster football team, who are playing football... Against each other! They focus on tackling eahc other and not actually throwing the ball to the goal.

Muppet Central
Gonzo and Leon try to convince Kermit to spring for a chicken house at the studio, with no luck (or cluck). Meanwhile, they notice Bean sleeping on a hammock in the studio. Waldo come sin and says he can put Bean's dream on the monitor. So Waldo transforms into a cable and connects himself from Bean's ears to a monitor.

Bean's Nightmare
Bean is in a spooky forrest with a teddy bear. Bean tells the teddy not to worry this time, but then a ghost (played by Chris Langham) appears and takes the teddy away. Bean chases after the ghost and shouts "DON'T FLUSH MY TEDDY!" The ghost then says "okay" and gives it back to Bean, and tells him that dreams are just pictures in his head, and he can make the dreams whatever he wants them to be. So Bean turns the spooky setting into a much cuter setting (looking like a real sugar-coated candyland), several cute bunnies and teddy bears show up to play, and a lot of flowers fly around. The ghost then gets scared and decides to leave the dream.

Muppet Central
Waldo coems back to normal and unhooks the monitor. Bean then wakes up and says that he's no longer scarred. Michael Jackson then appears on a monitor and says that he's ready for the closing number.

Closing Number: Bad
Michael Jackson sings and dances with Sweetums, Timmy, Doglion, and the Mutations, backed by Solid Foam. The scene interrcuts to scenes at Muppet Central, with Bean singign along, and then Kermit, Gonzo, and Leon do the same. Scenes also cut to a monitor with The Newsman joining in, and a monitor with the monster football team joining in.

kathy26

Reaction score
who perform these characters
monster football team

minor muppetz

Reaction score
who perform these characters
monster football team
I didn't list speffic monsters, but I will now.

Luncheon Counter Monster - Jerry Nelson
Green Frackle (the one who resembles Boppity) - Bob Stutt
Pink Frackle - Gordon Robertson
Boppity - Kevin Clash
Beautiful Day Monster - Dave Goelz

And the team also includes Dark Green Hunchback Frackle, Gloat, and Tug Monster, all of whom don't get lines.

Xerus

Reaction score
That was a great Jim Henson Hour story. It made me feel like the good times are back again. :smile: