Minor Muppetz' JHH outline: "the dead musician"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is my first attempt at an outline for The Jim Henson Hour, but it only includes the first half (it would probably be too hard to come up with two half-hour stories). I hope you enjoy it.

Cold Opening/ Muppet Central
Bean Bunny gets ready for the show, but kermit tells him to go on vacation.
kermit: you've been cute for too many weeks. too much eye candy can't be healthy.
Bean Bunny: eye candy? me? nah..
(a large eyeball comes up and swallows bean. it's mouth is where the black pupil is).

Jim Hensons Introduction
Jim Henson welcomes viewers to the show, and says hat this is going to be a rockin' good show, and introduces kermit the frog.

Introduction/ Muppet Central
Kermit announces that Solid Foam will have a concert at the end of the show, and that tonigths guest stars are Paul and Linda McCartney. For soem reason, Rizzo doesn't like them.

(commercial break)

Muppet Central/ Introduction
kermit introduces the opening number, with paul mccartney.

Opening Number: Penny Lane
paul sings "penny lane", accompanied by Beard on guitar, Digit on Keyboards, and Lips on trumpet.

Commercial
an advertizement for Solid Foams latest album, "Shabby Road". the cover is a parody of the beatles "Abbey Road" cover.

Muppet News Flash
The newsman gives a report that the recent solid Foam album, Shabby Road, gives clues that the bands bas player, Clifford, is dead. he shows the cover, where Clifford doesn't wear shoes. Also, Clifford didn't sing on any of the songs on that album.

Muppet Central
The band, along with Kermit, Leon and Lindberg, watch and can't beleive what is being said. Then they notice that they haven't seen or heard from Clifford all day.

Cooking Segment
Paul and Linda host a cooking show about making tofu, with help from Jaques Roache and The Swedish Chef. However, the vegetables are disgusted with them being vegetarians.

Muppet Central
Fleet Scribbler interviews Flash, Digit and the Drummer, with some odd questions.
Fleet: so, is it true that the drummer doesn't really have a name?
Drummer: as a matter of fact I do have a name. My name is...
Fleet: and why does muppet central need you when they could have The Electric mayhem?
Flash: well,... it's because...
Fleet: I think I have my answers.

Race
Louis Kazager hosts a race between Gonzo, Vicki, Rowlf, Crazy Harry, and Rizzo. it starst to rain before the race ends.

(commercial break)

Muppet Central
Gonzo, Vicki and Lindberg interview Linda McCartney by monitor. She takes offense with their anti-vegetarian comments, while a tomadoe takes offense at her pro-vegetarian comments.

Drum Battle
Paul McCartney has a drum battle against Animal. After Animal wins, Linda strangles Animal.

Muppet Central
Clifford shows up, saying that he was having his house decorated. the band goes to their concert.

Closing Number: Old Time Rock & Roll
Clifford sings lead vocals.

Jim Hensons Closing
Jim Henson shows the covers for Abbey Road and Shabby Road, and explains the "Clifford is dead" refferences.
Jim Henson: Clifford isn't dead, and neithr is Paul McCartney. we'll see you next week.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
well, doesn't anybody have any comments?

Well, what does everybody think? do you like it? do you dislike it? I thought it was a good attempt at a Jim henson Hour outline.

What do you all think about the "Clifford is Dead" gag? I know that many of you dislike Clifford, althouhg I think that most "clifford haters" only dislike him on Muppets Tonight (where he took over kermits job as the host). I don't hate Clifford, but I thought he would be good to have "dead" rumors. The drummer should have been the one with the rumors, but I don't think she had an official name (C'mon, Disney, release a special edition DVD and include muppet morsels and/ or commentary, and have the writers confirm whether she actually had a name, geez :mad: ) and I didn't want to make up a name for her. So it had to be eihter flash, Digit, Clifford, or beard. Digit is a robot, so he probably can't die, and I think Flash is the lead singer (even though he is a saxaphone player), so that leaves Clifford and Beard, and I chose Clifford.

Well, what do you think? :concern:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I'M HERE I'M HERE I'M HERE I'M HERE I'M HERE! Sorry, I actually had something of a life today. Anyways, now that I've read it I LOVE IT! I love the "Clifford is dead" gag. I don't particularly hate Clifford, but I used to, but then I've never seen Muppets Tonight OR Jim Henson Hour, but then I'm just rambling now... Also love the part with Fleet Scribbler, and the tomatoe not liking the pro-vegetarian comments. And extra kudos to you for the eye-candy at the beginning! I love it!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
I'M HERE I'M HERE I'M HERE I'M HERE I'M HERE! Sorry, I actually had something of a life today.
It is a bit ironic that you were busy during the first part of the day. I was working for most of the rest of the day (I didn't get home untill around 1 a.m.)..

TogetherAgain said:
Anyways, now that I've read it I LOVE IT! I love the "Clifford is dead" gag. I don't particularly hate Clifford, but I used to, but then I've never seen Muppets Tonight OR Jim Henson Hour
Oh, I didn't realize that. Do you need to knwo who some of the jim henson hour (or muppets tonight) characters are?

And for those who are wondering.....

•The giant eyeball is performed by Gordon Robertson.
•the vegetables that appear are the tomadoe (performed by Jim Henson in both scenes), an eggplant (performed by kevin clash), a beat (performed by jerry nelson), lettuce (performed by Rob Mills) and artichoke (performed by Dan Redican).

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I have never seen the JHH but I loved this outline. The Clifford is dead plot was very interesting. From the whole outline I'd say JHH must be quite a remarkable sort of show.