Minor Muppetz' TMS Outine: Sonny Bono

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This outline is from the first season.

Introduction
Kermit announces that Sonny Bono is tonights guest star, but first, he has to introduce Gonzo eating a hoola hoop.

Opening Act
Gonzo eats a hoola hoop. The audience boo's him.

Balcony
Statler: Why didn't they just have an opening number?
Waldorf: Maybe all of the singers and musicians got tired of the show.

Opening Act (continued)
Gonzo is done and scolds the audience for not appreciating fine art. Boppity comes on-stage and scolds Gonzo for not saving any hoola hoops for him.

Backstage
A delivery man comes by and gives Kermit some flowers. Kermit asks who sent them, but the delivery man says he promised not to tell. Kermit figures that Miss Piggy sent them.

Introduction
Kermit introduces Sonny Bono!

Act
Sonny tries to play a ukelelee, but Statler and Waldorf heckle his playing. When Sonny tries to defend himself, they heckle his defense.

The Houses
House #1: My granfather was shaken last night.
House #2: He shaked because of old age?
House #1: No.
House #2: He shaked becasue he was nervous about something?
House #1: No.
House #2: He was excited about something?
House :1: No... an earthquack shook him.

Vendaface
Gonzo decides to use Vendaface, who turns Gonzo's nose upside-down.

Backstage
Kermit talks to Miss Piggy about the anonymous flowers. However, Miss Piggy claism that she didn't send them. If she didn't send them, then who did?

Muppet News
The Newsman interviews a former police officer (Sonny Bono) who got fired because he purposely let his prisioner get away. When asked why, the officer says that the prisioner asked politely, without even offering a bribe.

At the Dance

(Snake Frackle coughs really badly)
Woman: You should get that cough taken care of.
(Snake Frackle coughs his partners head off)

(Zoot hums the "At the Dance" music)
Janice: That's a lovely tune. Where'd you hear it?

Mildred: George, you haven't said anything all night.
George: That's because I don't have any lines.

Husband: Why are we even dancing here? Aren't there any better things we can do?
Wife: Oh, well, we can visit my mother.
Husband: Let's dance!

UK Spot/ Backstage: If I Could Go Dancing
Hilda get's ready for At the dance, but Scooter informs her that At the Dance is over. Distraught, Hilda sings the song from Hey, Cinderella!

Frogs
In a swampy setting, Kermit and the frogs sing the song from The Frog Prince.

Balcony
Waldorf: What did you think of that?
Statler: It sounds like the singers had frogs in their throats.
Waldorf: Speak up, I've got a frog in my ear.

Panel Discussion
Tonights topic is "Saving Energy". The panel guests include Sonny Bono, Sam the Eagle, Hilda and Scooter. Sonny thinks that they can save energy by not using energy at all. Scooter thinks that if all of the energy is not being used, then what's the point of saving it?

Balcony
Statler: They should save the energy here.
Waldorf: Why's that?
Statler: Because then they wouldn't have any energy to let us see the show.
(Statler laughs while Waldorf looks in confusion)

Backstage
Kermit still wonders where the flowers came from. Crazy Harry comes by and admits that he send the flowers, and then Kermit realizes what will happen next (the flowers explode).

Introduction
Crazy Harry introduces the closing number since Kermit is, "uh, in a bit of pain".

Closing Number: I've Got You Babe
Sonny Bono and Miss Piggy sing, although they both try really hard to upstage each other.

Good Night
Kermit and Sonny Bono are joined by Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Crazy Harry, Hilda, and Mildred.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I feel very sorry for Sonny being picked on by Statler and Waldorf while trying to perform:sympathy:

And his role in the Newsman skit made me laugh:big_grin: and the backstage number from Hilda is very good as well and finally the exploding flowers from Crazy Harry was perhaps my favourite part

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I've just realized how funny the houses joke is also.
My grandfather being shook up by an earthquake:wink: PERFECT GAG:excited: