Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Chevy Chase

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Enjoy this fifth season outline!

Cold Opening/ Lobby
Pops: who are you?
Chevy Chase: I'm Chevy Chase, and you're not!
Pops: well, enjoy the show.
Chevy Chase: (trips and falls on the floor) Live! from new york! It's not Saturday Night!

Introduction
"Hi, ho, welcome to the muppet show. I'm Kermit the frog, and you're not. but seriously, tonights guest star is the one and only Chevy Chase! (the audience applauds) oh, and I would like to acknowledge the winner of our Muppet Fan Contest, Mr. Norman Lackey! (we see Norman in the sudience. He is blue, wearing a checkered suit, has Scooter-like glasses, and has a brown afro) he won our contest, where a fan can see the movie for free, pick the guest star, go on a tour of the muppet theatre, and even give suggestions for the acts. but first, here is an act he requested, geri and the attrics".

opening number: "All you need is love"
Geri and the atrics perform the beatles song.

Balcony
Statler and waldorf are joine dby Pops, and they all like old-fashioned acts like geri and the attrics. Scooter shows up and says that Norman demanded that Statle rand waldorf don't watch the show (because he can't stand the way that they heckle acts).

Main Balcony
The Muppets from Saturday Night Live are in the main balcony. King Ploobis reminds them that they were on saturday night live with chevy chase during the first season only, and scred decides that they should be reunited with chevy chase just because they were on for the same amount of time (and because Chevy Chase seemed to like them). Wisss worries about the security, and Ploobis asks The Mighty Fuvog how they can get to Chevy Chase. Fuvog charges an arm and a leg, so ploobis pulls an arm and a leg off a random audience member.

Muppet News
Chevy Chase assists the newsman on muppet news. chevy chase reports that dangerous mosquitos are on the loose. the newsman thought that chevy chase made up that story, but then a group of misquitos come and attack the newsman (ignoring chevy chase).

Song: I believe In yesterday
Zeke sings the beatles song.

Dressing Room
(a knock is heard on the door)
Chevy Chase: who is it?
Voice: It's Scooter. you're on next.
Chevy Chase: no, I'm not, and you don't sound like scooter.
Voice: oh, uh, in that case, uh, i'm the pizza man.
Chevy Chase: I didn't order no pizza.
Voice: Would you believe a hot young female groupie?
Chevy Chase: you don't sound like a hot young female groupie.
Voice: I'm Norman Lackey, the fan who recommended you to be the guest star.
Chevy Chase: (thinks for a secodn) hmmm... it's believable.
(chevy chase lets him in, but it turns out to be a muppet shark, who chases after chevy)

On-Stage
Kermit announces that it is time for an intermission.

U.K. Spot/ Main balcony
King Ploobis, Wisss and The Mighty Fuvog are the only ones in the main balcony. it is said that Scred is getting a shovel, and that Queen Peuta and vash are freshening up. Ploobis asks fuvog what he can to keep all of his segments in syndication, but he doesn't have the limo needed for an answer. Scred arrives with the shovel, and peuta and vash quietly come back, and ploobis starts digging a tunnel, but since they are in a balcony, he digs a hole and falls into the bottom audience.

Lobby
Scooter takes norman to the lobby to meet pops. Norman complains that he has been everywhere in the theatre (even the girls bathroom and inside the air vents) but hasn't met chevy chase, so scooter decides to take him to meet chevy chase.

Backstage
Statler and waldorf complain about not being able to watch the show because of one fan. when their not looking, scooter and norman enter backstage and go up the steps without being seen.

Dressing Room
Scooter knocks on chevy chases door, but chevy thinks it is the shark again. Scooter opens the door and Norman meets Chevy Chase. soon after they meet, King Ploobis and Scred make it into chevy chases dressing room (by digging) and Chevy is happy to see them again. so happy that he ignores Norman, who walks off depressed.

Backstage
Norman is happy again when rowlf asks him to be the patient in his favorite sketch, Vets Hospital.

Veterinarians Hospital
Norman is happy to be in the hospital, which stuns the vets hospital crew.

Introduction
Kermit introduces the closing number, picked by Norman himself.

Closing Number: the Lullaby of Broadway
Chevy Chase sings this song wearing a civil war suit in a grocery store setting, and is joined by sweetums, the mutations, gonzo, the swedish chef, and the singing food.

Good Night
Kermit and Chevy are joined by Pops, The newsman, Rizzo, beauregard, and Zeke.

After credits/ alley
Statler and waldorf are happy that they at least got to see the first act and leave.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
for those of you who care:

Norman Lackey is supposed to be performed by Dave Goelz.
The Shark is supposed to be performed by Steve Whitmire.

hope you enjoyed this.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think it is a bit weird that chevy chase wasn't an actual guest star on the muppet show. It seems like he was one of the few original Saturday Night Live cast members who actually liked the muppets (which is why the SNL muppets made an appearance in this outline).

I have once rented a video featuring the best segments from 1975-1980, and one skit had an introduction saying that the muppets couldn't make it due to being at the grammys (I'm not sure if they had originally planned on being there or not) and Chevy Chase volunteered to do a skit on the Muppets set. Chevy Chase also wrote and starred in one of the few later muppet skits to actually have a somewhat happy ending (at a time when most muppet skits had to do with them being fired and trying to get rehired). he also made a cameo in Follow That Bird.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Even the girls' bathroom and the air vents... priceless!

No Norman in the goodnights? Or SNL Muppets?

I had been thinking about doing a Chevy Chase outline, not w/the SNL Muppets but I was thinking about a plot involving the Newsman.

On-Stage
Kermit announces that it is time for an intermission.
WHA????

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
No Norman in the goodnights? Or SNL Muppets?
i thought about including them, but i figured that they would have been watching the show at that point. maybe I should have tried to let the SNL muppets try to get a job on the show instead.

Gorgon Heap said:
I had been thinking about doing a Chevy Chase outline, not w/the SNL Muppets but I was thinking about a plot involving the Newsman.
feel free to do one. I'd like to see what you could do.

Gorgon Heap said:
well, I figured that Kermit announcing an intermission would be a minor plot point, since norman was going to have a tour around the building. it would also be good for a commercial break. of course, If this was an actual episode, then that scene would probably get cut in reruns.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I must've missed the UK Spot on first reading- Favog charging a limo and Scred digging right through the theatre box and falling through- priceless!

Heh, still can't beat girls' bathroom and the air vents- that was just too funny!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm not really familiar at all with who Ploobis and these other characters are, but another fantastic job.

Statler and Waldorf actually complaining about being forbidden to watch the show? How fickle can you be?:rolleyes: