Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Ed McMahon

minor muppetz

Reaction score
here is a first season outline.

Introduction
Kermit announces that tonights guest star is Ed McMahon, and that he will host The First Annual Muppet Show Beauty Pageant.

Opening Number: My Rosemary Rose
Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem (with floyd on vocals) perform in the opening number.

Conversation Panel
Todays topic of discussion is "Unemployment", and kermits guests are Ed McMahon, Sam The Eagle, an scooter, and an unemployed pig.

Balcony
Waldorf asks Statler if they are employed. Statler is busy taking a nap.

Backstage
Miss Piggy, Janice, Miss Mousey, Mildred and the brown-haired female (seen in many at the dance segments, and sat at the table with Dr. Teeth during Joel Greys "caberet" number) confront each other, and eventually start figting (dr. teeth enjoys watching this).

Sketch: Visual Thinking
The classic sam & friends sketch is performed here, with Nigel as the square and floyd as the hipster.

At The Dance
The contestants in the beauty contest talk to their dancing partners about how they are going to win. Wayne wonders why wanda isn't in the contest (she didn't know about it).

U.K. Spot
The Gogolalla Jubilee Jugband performs an instrumental country song.

Talk Spot
Kermit talks to Ed about being an announcer.

backstage
Miss piggy continues to brag to janice about winning. Scooter gets everybody on-stage for the beauty contest.

Introduction
Kermit introduces the beauty contest.

The First Annual Muppet Show Beauty Contest
Ed starts off the contest with the swimming suit modeling.

Balcony
Statler and waldorf enjoy the bikinis on janice and the brown-haired woman, but not miss piggy.

Backstage
Many male muppets (animal, george, floyd, droop, rowlf, the newsman, scooter, lenny the lizard, nigel and crazy harry) watch as kermit tries to get them to concentrate.

The First Annual Muppet Show Beauty Contest (continued)
Now, Ed wants the contestants to talk about why they Should win. Miss Piggy says "Because if people don't vote for her, she will send them to the hospital". Janice thinks she should win because she is a musician, Mildred can't think of a reason to win.

Backstage
Hilda needs George and Scooter to help out with sorting laundry, but they are focused on the contest. Everybody starts voting as well.

The first annual muppet show beauty contest (continued)
Ed McMahon announces the winner, and is surprised to learn that the winner is Mildred. Miss Piggy goes into the audience and starst karate chooping audience members. The othe rlosers sing the closing number, "big girls don't cry".

Good Night
Kermit brings out Mildred, the winner of the contest. george is proud of her. they are joined by janice, wanda, dr. teeth, and mahna mahna.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
He he, I like it! The beauty contest is beautiful- er, no pun intended...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Opening Number: My Rosemary Rose
Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem (with floyd on vocals) perform in the opening number.
I think i am wrong about this title. i think the title is "where my rosemary goes". if anybody can confirm if i am right or wrong, this song wqas played at the end of the movie Shallow Hal.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
performers and more

in case you are wondering:

In at the dance, miss piggys dance partner is the pig with brown hair that looks like dr. strangeporks hair (only brown instead of white), janices partner is zoot, miss mouseys partner is droop, and the brown-haired womans partner is rowlf. Obviously, mildreds partner is george.
the brown-haired woman is supposed to be performed by john Lovelady.
the unemployed pig in the conversation panel is performed by john Lovelady.
At The dance is the only part of the show where miss piggy is performed by richard hunt, and the only time that mildred is performed by Frank Oz (it is the other way around for the rest of the show).

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I loved Piggy assaulting the audience for not voting for her rather than Mildred herself. :wink:

The whole pageant concept is very good.