Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Elizabeth Taylor

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is yet another outlien for The muppet Show, taking place in the first season.

Introduction
kermit announces that tonights guest star is Elizabeth taylor, and introduces the opening number.

Opening Number: put on a happy Face
Elizabeth taylor sings to a depressed whatnot, and changes the looks on it's face, untill it is happy.

balcony
Statler doesn't think that Elizabeth taylor can give him a happy face, but then she enters the balcony and grabs Statlers nose.

Muppet Labs
Bunsen is in a special suit (which looks like a tinfoil space suit). he says that this suit can controll your body heat, making you warm or cold. he thinks it is a bit hot in the theatre, so he turns the suit on to cold. Howver, the suit is not cold enouhg, so he turns the air on all the way, which makes him freeze solid.

Balcony
Statler: That was the greatest Muppet labs sketch ever.
Waldorf: you're right. maybe if we're lucky he'll stay frozen forever.

Introduction
Sam introduces wayne and wanda.

Song: the entertainer
wayne and wanda seem to be lucky, but then statler and waldorf heckle them halfway through the song, distracting them from their performance.

Conversation panel
Kermits guests are Sam the Eagle, Miss Piggy, Gorgon Heap, and Gonzo. Tonigts topic is "Does television give children a false sense of reality?". GSam thinks it does while Gonzo and Gorgon heap think it doesn't. Miss Piggy doens't either, and he gets eaten by a chair. Also, Gorgon heap shrinks and Gonzos head pops off.

Dressing Room
George and Hilda come upstairs to meet Elizabeth Taylor, and she sings a song (old friends, new friends) to them.

U.K. Spot: 99 bottles of beer on the wall
This song takes place in a bar, with Rowlf on piano and being joined by Boppity, Mildred, Animal, and the Gogolalla Jubilee Jug-Band. before the skit is over, a bartendar coes by and says it is closing time.

Talk Spot
kermit thanks Elizabeth for doing the show, and gives Kermit a 20 dollar bribe if he would let her go home early. kermit doesn't take the bribe, so Elizabeth puts kermit on her enemies list.

Balcony
Statler likes Elizabeth taylor becasue she tried to bribe Kermit to let her leave.

Backstage
Bunsen is still frozen solid, so fozzie decides to put the suit on "warm".

Act
Elizabeth Taylor is on stage, wondering why she appeared on the show. sam questions the same thing. She remembers why when Mildred comes on-stage with a big bag of money.

At The Dance
the dancing starts but gets interrupted by monster terrorists (Boppity, Gloat, Green Hunchback Frackle, and the Scoffs).

Backstage
Bunsen is thawed out, but the hot air isn't hot enough, so he turns the heat on all the way, and explodes.

Closing Number: La bamba
A mexican setting, sung by Kermit, Piggy, Scooter, Shakey Shanchez, Wanda and Baskerville.

Good Night
Kermit and Elizabeth taylor are joined by Bunsen, Rowlf, Baskerville, Miss Piggy, and Boppity.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
HA! I love it! "put on a happy face" is SO muppety, I can totally see them doing something like that. And I love how Elizabeth Taylor tries to bribe her way off the show, and then wonders why she's on the show, and the big bag of money- it's great! And I LOVE Bunsen's suit! It's wonderful! And speaking of wonderful, the UK spot is brilliant. Excellent job!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Who gets eaten by a chair?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Who gets eaten by a chair?
Miss Piggy gets eaten by a chair. I re-read the outline, and accidently wrote "he" instead of "she". sorry for the mistake.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I would like to list performers for the following characters:

Whatnot from "put on a happy face": Peter Friedman.
Bartendar from u.k. spot: John Lovelady.
Gorgon Heap: John Lovelady (sounding like the crumpet from The Muppet Valentine Show).
Boppity: peter friedman.
Jugband Members: Eren Ozkar (girl), Jim Henson (purple guy), Dave Goelz (Jug Blower), John Lovelady (paul the fiddle player), and Frank Oz (banjo player).
Gloat: Frank Oz.
Green Hunchback Frackle: Richard Hunt.
The Scoffs: John Lovelady.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I love the panel, Put on a happy face, the balcony scene with Statler afterwards and Muppet Labs.