Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Frank Sinata

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This outline takes place during the fifth season.

Cold opening/ Lobby
Pops asks frank Sinatra who he is. he says that he is "ol' blue eyes", but Pops doesn't know what he is talking about.

Introduction
Kermit introduces the opening number, full of nighttime strangers.

Opening Number: Strangers in the Night
Frank Sinatra sings in a dark room, with appearances by Sweetums, Doglion, the Mutations, Timmy, Big mama, Boppity, Luncheon Counter Monster, light grey frackle, shakey shanchez, and beautiful day monster.

Balcony
Boppity, Luncheon Counter Monster and Light grey Frackle show up in the balcony.

backstage
Kermit congraduates Frank, and Janice asks for his autograph. Dr. Teeth has some startling news: He is leaving the electric mayhem.

Muppet Labs
Beaker tries the Muppet Labs Mouth Wash, which burns his throat.

Number
a chicken plays the drums.

Backstage
Floyd, Janice, Zoot, Lips and Animal try to convince Dr. Teeth to reconsider, but Dr. Teeth is just tired of music.

Dressing Room
Rowlf meets Frank Sinatra in his dressing room, and then Miss Piggy shows up, and then more fans (Pops, Annie Sue, Zeke, Boppity, and Dr. Strangepork) all show up to meet him. Frank goes crazy.

A Speech by Sam the eagle
sam talks about how wrong it is to burn a flag, especially the american flag, but unfortunately, the american flag in the background gets caught on fire.

U.K. Spot
Gonzo and Lew zeland make music out of cans, bottles and even car tires.

Muppet Labs
Dr. Bunsen Honeydew forces beaker to try the new and improved muppet labs mouth wash, which only makes Beakers head shrink.

Song: My Way
Frank Sinatra sings my way, backed up by the muppet show orchestra.

backstage
gonzo and Scooter try to convince Dr. teeth to go back to playing music, but he refuses untill he gets a chance to meet Frank Sinatra. kermit arrives and says that he has a song that gives just as big an impression on people as My Way.

Song: This frog
Kermit sings his Sesame Street song, backed up by Miss Piggy, Fozzie bear, Floyd, and several frogs.

Backstage
Dr. Teeth offers to play keyboards in the closing number.

Closing Number: Being Green
Kermit and Frank Sinatra sing "Being Green".

Good Night
Kermit, Frank Sinatra, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Scooter, Annie Sue Pig and Beaker say good night to everybody.

After Credits
Waldorf starst to sing My way, and Statler says that if he had it his way the show would be canceled.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That was excelent, but have there ever been two Muppet Labs skits on one episode in real life?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Aw, minor muppetz, now you've gone and hit my weak spot! All I had to do was read "Song: this frog" and I went "awwwwwwwwwwww" And then you went and followed it with "Bein Green" and I went "Ohhhhhhhhhhh!" So hugs for you. Another lovely outline.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Aw, minor muppetz, now you've gone and hit my weak spot! All I had to do was read "Song: this frog" and I went "awwwwwwwwwwww"[?QUOTE]

the main reason i included that song is because i have read a few things that referred to that as being like Kermits version of My Way. Kermit has also sang other Sesame street songs on the Muppet Show before (Being Green, Disco Frog).

TogetherAgain said:
And then you went and followed it with "Bein Green" and I went "Ohhhhhhhhhhh!" So hugs for you. Another lovely outline.
yeah, I know it had already been done on the muppet show twice (which is why this outline doesn't take place in the first or second season), but i figured that since Frank Sinatra sang a cover version of it on one of his albums i figured a duet between the two would be awsome. I think Frank Sinatra sang his cover version before the fifth season.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
two Muppet Labs skits are better than one

Fragglemuppet said:
That was excelent, but have there ever been two Muppet Labs skits on one episode in real life?
No, but I thought that the similarities between these two would justify two of them. There have been a few episodes with multiplesketches of the same recurring segments (there were three Swedish Chef sketches in the Arlo Gutherie episode, and two Pigs In Space segments in the Elke Sommers episode.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
You are sooo right! "Two Muppet Labs skits are better than one!"

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I like the UK Spot, and the Sam speech (reminds me of the Sam sketch on the Jaye P. Morgan episode, come to think of it), although in the case of the latter, do you really think you could get away with having the flag catch on fire on TV, even by accident? After all, it is scripted, so the audience would know it is deliberate.

Of course, this is why they call it fan fiction.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Princeton

Minor Muppetz, I really like your outlines! But, just thought I'd let you know that several of your outlines so far are ones I have already started(Frank Sinatra, Bob Newhart, Orson Welles). Just FYI.

P.S. Any tips you might need? Send me a PM, and I'll be more than willing to help.:wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Princeton said:
Minor Muppetz, I really like your outlines! But, just thought I'd let you know that several of your outlines so far are ones I have already started(Frank Sinatra, Bob Newhart, Orson Welles). Just FYI.
I didn't know that you have already started on some fan fics with those guest stars. Have they been posted?

P

Princeton

minor muppetz said:
I didn't know that you have already started on some fan fics with those guest stars. Have they been posted?
No, but all the same, don't worry. When I first started posting outlines, Dave (Gorgon Heap) did the same thing that I'm doing now. I guess there's no point to it, but if you took it the wrong way, I do apologize. Anyway, like I said, don't worry. My outlines of those guest stars will probably never make it off the ground anyway. Plus, rewrites are very common on this forum.