Minor Muppetz' TMS Outline: Harold Gould

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This outline takes place during the third season.

Cold Opening/ Dressing Room
Scooter: Oh, Gould, fifteen seconds 'till curtain, Harold!
(Harold is taking a bath inside a small bathtub filled with bubbles)
Harold Gould: (yelling) CAN'T I HAVE A LITTLE PRIVACY??? GET OUT!!!!

Opening/ Balcony
Scooter comes to the balcony to ask Statler and Waldorf for their opinions on the show. Waldorf says they can't stand it.

Opening/ Gonzo's Horn
Gonzo swallows his horn.

Introduction
Kermit introduces The Electric Mayhem.

Opening Number: "Welcome Back"
The band performs the theme from "Welcome Back, Kotter".

Backstage
Scooter tells Kermit that he has surveyed the audience, and it turns out that 90% of the audience is not completely satysfied with the show. The other 10% was sleeping and couldn't give their opinions.

Introduction
Kermit introduces Harold Gould.

Song: "Splish, Splash"
Harold is in a bigger bathtub, getting interrupted by several muppets while singing. He get's interrupted by The Swedish Chef, Gladys, Boppity, Snake Frackle, some frogs, a penguin, and Rover Joe.

Balcony
Waldorf: That number must have been embarrassing for him.
Statler: No, it was embarrassing for us.
Waldorf: It was?
Statler: Yeah, we had to watch it.

Muppet Labs
Bunsen tests out his new body-switching device on Beaker, which causes Bunsen and Beaker to switch bodies and voices. However, they can't get back to normal.

Backstage
Scooter tells Kermit that the audience does not like The Swedish Chef or Rowlf, that Fozzie would be better with a regular comedy partner, and that Pigs in Space should be extended. Rowlf is about to enter the stage but Kermitt ells him that his act is cancled due to the audience hating him.

Canteen
Miss Piggy, Link Hogthrob, and Dr. Strangepork are about to enjoy a meal in the canteen, untill Scooter comes to tell them that the audience demands that they go on-stage next (and tells The Swedish Chef that his sketch has been cancled).

Pigs in Space
Not being prepared, the crew keeps messing up their lines, and Link and Piggy keep accidently stating each others line. The Koozebanian Phoob enters to attack the pigs, but then decides to act out of character and upstage the rest of the cast.

UK Spot: "Camptown Races"
Lobbock Lou and his jughuggers wildly perform "Camptown Races".

Dressing Room
Scooter goes to talk to Harold Gould, who screams at Scooter because he was trying to brush his teeth ("Can't I have any privacy on this entire freakin' show?!"). Scooter tells Harold that the audience did not like his singing so somebody else will perform in the closing number. Haroldis angry about this, but feels even worse when Scooter tells Harold that the audience wants him to be a regular on the show, as Fozzie's new partner.

Canteen
Kermit sees Bunsen and wants to talk to him, but then Bunsen talks in meeps, indicating that he and Beaker still haven't found a way to switch back.

Introduction
Scooter introduces Fozzie and Harold Gould.

Monologue
Fozzie wants Harold to be the straight man, but Harold refuses to tell a joke, so Fozzie tells Harold a joke ("Who was that lady I saw you with last night?"), but Harold refuses to answer.

Balcony
Statler and Waldorf note that Fozzie should have had a comedy partner long ago.

Backstage
Harold says that he is going back to hsi dressing room to have some more privacy. Scooter tells Kermit that he made a mistake in the survey and that the audience really did like Rowlf, so Rowlf get's to be in the closing number.

Introduction
Kermit introduces Rowlf, which makes the audience wildly applaud.

Closing Number: Singing in the Bathtub
Rowlf plays the piano in a bathtub. (yes, the bathtub is big enough to hold an uptight piano)

Good Night
Kermit is about to close the show, stating that Harold probably won't want to be in the good-night due to wanting privacy, but Harol actually does come on-stage, saying that this embarrassing show has actually given him the best performances of his life. Miss Piggy, Rowlf, Beaker, and Fozzie Bear all come on-stage.

After Credits
Scooter comes to the balcpny to tell Statler and Waldorf that his survey indicates that the audience wants them to have their own segment. They moan, "Oh, no!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is a transcript for the Pigs in Space skit, since I don't think my description was very detailed:

Announcer: And now, Veterinarian's Hospi--... oh, wait, I mean, Pigs In Spaaaace, the story of a quack who's gone to the moon! When we last left the swinetrek, Dr. Strangepork had gotten his future prediction machine working.
Link: So, it's ready, Strangepork?
Miss Piggy: Hey, that's my line.
Link: Oh, yeah, moi forgot.
Dr. Strangepork: Yes, it's finally working. Atlast, we can predict the future.
Miss Piggy: Oh, that's wonderful.
Link: Hey, that's my linne!
Strangepork: Quit complaining, you two.
Piggy and Link: (at same time) Sorry, Dr. Strangepork. (to each other) Hey, that's my line!
Dr. Strangepork: According to this mahcine, we will be attacked by a dangerous creature...
Miss Piggy: (frightened) Oh, I wonder how dangerous!
Link: That's my line. Hiiiya! (karate chops Piggy)
Miss Piggy: (getting up) Hey, that's my trademark! Hiii-ya! (karate chops Link)
Dr. Strangepork: Oh, no, the creature is here!
(the Koozebanian Phoob enters)
Koozebanian Phoob: Roooaarr!! I'm gonna eat ya!
Pigs: Oh, no!
Koozebanian Phoob: oh, yeaaaahhhh! (notices that the audience is wildly applaudding him) Oh, you all like me, you all really like me. (takes a few bows) Oh, you weren't applauding like this when it was just them! Thank you, thank you.
Miss Piggy: Hey, aren't you going to try to attack us?
Phoob: No I'm going to tell some jokes to the audience.
Strangepork: I don't beleive this....
Phoob: A funny thing happened to me on the way to the theater. I didn't get pulled over for drunk driving! (the audience laughs)
Link: Oh, no. What'll we do? He's upstaging us!
Phoob: I will now sing. "To dream, the impossible dream, to follow your quest, no matter how hopeful, no matter how farr..."
(Piggy goes and karate chops the Koozebanian Phoob)
Announcer: Tune in again next week when you'll hear Link Hogthrob say....
Link: I'd like to thank the academey for all their hard work and...
Miss Piggy: Hi-ya! (karate chops Link)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I really got a laugh out of the Pigs in Space script.
Interesting concept with taking a bath as a unique running gag and the audience survey is another good running gag.
Congratulations.