Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: John Travolta

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This outline takes place in the fifth season.

Cold opening/ Lobby
Pops: Who are you?
John Travolta: I'm John Travolta.
Pops: Who?
John Travolta: John travolta. I'm tonights guest star.
Pops: What?
John Travolta: I am the guest star tonight.
Pops: Why?
(John Travolta gives an annoyed look on his face)

Introduction
Kermit says that if tonights show isn't better than the last show, then he may be run over by a car. A car runs him over. "Not yet!"

Opening Number: rain drops keep falling on my head
Floyd leads the electric mayhem.

Balcony
Statler and Waldorf have a leaky roof in their balcony.

Introduction
Kermit introduces John Travolta.

Song: Grease Lightenin'
John Travolta plays a mechanic and his accompanied by Sweetums, Timmy, the Mutations, Link Hogthrob, and Beauregard.

Muppet News
The newsman announces that there is a new kind of lightening, called Grease Lightenin'. He says that this is the most ridiculous thing he's ever reported, but then he gets struck by lightening, which makes him greasy.

Backstage
Kermit congraduates beauregard on a fine performance (he didn't mess anything up this time). Beauregard goes to fix the audience roof.

Audience
various audience members complain about the leaky roof, which leaks on them. A teenage girl says that if it weren't for John Travolta being the guest she would have left when the raindrops began.

Balcony
Beauregard fixes the roof above Statler and waldorfs balcony. Statler and Waldorf feel cramped when Beauregard fixes it.

U.K. Spot: Tainted Love
Floyd leads the electric mayhem again. Zoot and Lips actually provide back-up vocals.

Introduction
Kermit apologizes for the rain, but points out that Beauregard is working right on it.

Audience ceiling
Beauregard and Beaker are both on tall ladders, fixing the roof, but beakers latter breaks, causing him to fall into the audience.

Introduction (cont.)
Kermit tells the audience to calm down and enjoy Fozzie Bear.

Fozzies Act
Fozzie tells jokes about the bad roof, which makes the audience mad. As Statler and Waldorf insult him, John Travolta comes on-stage and says, "Up your nose with a rubber hose!" It gets statler and waldorf to shut up, but then Gonzo comes to their balcony with a rubber hose and sticks it up their noses.

Backstage
Beauregard tells Kermit that the roof is fixed. Kermit is relived. Then the roof backtstage falls on Kermit and beauregard. The rain is pouring on them.

Dressing Room
Fozzie thanks john for helping him defeat Statler and waldorf. However, Johns dressing room floor is slippery because Beauregard mopped the floor with grease.

Balcony
Statler and Waldorf like how the roof is fixed, and they have a bucket of grease to throw across the stage, but they accidently drop it before the next act. It lands on Animals head. Animal struggles to get it off.

Introduction
Kermit introduces John Travolta.

Closing Number: Summer Love
John and Miss Piggy sing a duet. They get joined by female back-up singers (the female singers, annie sue pig, lou, and janice) and then male back-up singers (floyd, scooter, rizzo, dr. teeth, rowlf, bubba, light gray frackle, and link hoghrob).

Good Night
Kermit and John Travolta are joined by Miss Piggy, Beauregard, Timmy, Pops, Rizzo, Foo Foo, and Gaffer. As Kermit says that he'll see us next time on The Muppet how the roof falls and rain pours on everybody.

special closing
rain drops keep falling on the variosu band members (and yes, the bucket is still on animals head).

after credits
Statler and Waldorf comment on the fixed roof, but then their balcony falls off the wall.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I love Muppet Newsman Greased Lightning and the whole main plot of rain leaking into the theater.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I was hoping that John would bring the sprites You from Johnny and the Sprites.