Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Judd Hirsch

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Cold Opening/ Dressing Room
Scooter finds that Judd Hirsch is sick. Judd thinks it's because he is on the show.

Opening
orchestra: Zoot cough when he is supposed to blow his saxaphone.
Gonzos horn: gonzo shrinks as he blows, and then a rat eats him.

Introduction
Kermit announces that the cheduled guest star, judd Hirsch, is sick, but is still at the theatre, so maybe he can get judd to do an act.

Opening number: take good care of my baby
Bobby Benson sings and his baby band plays the music.

Balcony
Statler: you know, i would take care of those babies.
Waldorf: (schocked) you would? why?
Statler: well, i'd only take care of them if it meant ending this show.

sketch
a sketch that makes absolutely no sense! Gorgon heap eats a ping pong ball, then a golf ball, then a tennis ball, then a baseball, then a bowling ball, and then a basketball. after that, he sees a large wrecking ball, but that ball eats Gorgon Heap.

Balcony
waldorf: now, what kind of fool would allow an act like that?
statler: a desperate fool.

Muppet News
The Newsman announces that there is an evil frog running loose that is causing people to shrink whenever they finish something. the frog shows up in the newsroom (without the newman knowing) and waits untill the newsman is finished to do his buisness.

Dressing Room
The Swedish Chef brings a bowl of soup to Judd Hirsch, but the soup is terrible.

Introduction
Kermit announces that sweetums will be taking over the next act from Judd Hirsch.

Song: I Want To Hold Your Hand
Sweetums sing, dances and holds a live disembodied hand. after the song is over, he eats the hand.

U.K. Spot
Gonzo comes on-stage to read poetry. Uncle Deadley comes on-stage and hates Gonzos poetry that he sets the poetry book on fire.

Dressing Room
Animal visits Judd Hirsch, but Judd doesn't get any better.

Song: Home, Home on the range
Fozzie attempts to sing, but he shrinks on stage ("well, so much for the evil frog shrinking people after they are finished with what they are doing").

Backstage
Miss Piggy tells kermit that Judd Hirsch has agreed to be the patient in vereinarians hospital.

Veterinarians Hospital
Nurse Piggy, Dr. Bob, and janice start to get sick (they never had a real sick patient in their sketches before) but Judd actually manages to get better.

Backstage
Judd says that he is able to do the closing number, but kermit says that he already replaced him with Uncle deadley. However, uncle deadley has shrunk, so Judd goes on.

Introduction
kermit announces that Judd Hirsch is better.

Closing Number: Bippity Boppity Boo
Judd hirshc sings while floating in a hot air baloon as several birds fly around it. after the song is done, he shrinks.

Backstage
Uncle Deadley and The Newsman are both back to normal, and the evil frog says that the shrinking is limited, and that the real reason he came was because he hated Judd Hirsch (Judd beat the evil frog in the audition for Alex on Taxi).

Good Night
Kermit asks Judd Hirsch to take a bow. Judd comes on stage, but he only reaches kermits knee (we see kermit belkow the leg). he is joined by shrunken versions of Sweetums, Thog, Fletcherbird, and Mutations.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
performers

here is who should have performed some of the characters:

Steve Whitmire should have performed the evil frog.
Jim henson should have performed Gorgon heap.
dave Goelz should have performed the wrecking ball.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Judd Hirsch is one of my favorites. It's kind of a shame that no one from "Taxi" ever did TMS. If anyone of them had, IMO it would've been Carol Kane, who appeared in "The Muppet Movie" (which to me indicates that yes, she liked the Muppets and who knows, maybe she was on the list to guest star but the show ended before she got the chance- what I wouldn't give to know who else was in talks to guest star that never did!)

Love the inclusion of Gorgon and Uncle Deadly! I loved the Gorgon sketch, the Gonzo opening bit, the opening # (why did I never think to use that song in one of my own outlines?), Sweetums singing with a hand and then eating the hand, Uncle Deadly setting Gonzo's book on fire (so he got bigger again after being shrunk in the opening titles?), Deadly shrinking thus allowing Judd to go on, Judd still being tiny in the goodnights, and the frog losing the part of Alex. Didn't really get the S&W comments- as jokes they didn't make sense to me.

Overall, great stuff! Keep it up!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap has pretty much said it all.
I loved the sketch involving his namesake as well. Great imagination.