Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Mary Tyler Moore

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After writing two Muppets Tonight! outlines and a Jim Henson Hour outline, I decided to write another Muppet Show outline, this one taking place during the third season.

Cold Opening/ Dressing Room
Scooter goes to tell mary Tyler Moore that she has twenty seconds untill curtain, and is shocked when he sees Big Mama holding her in a headlock, and Timmy punching Mary.

Opening Credits
Balcony: it's empty during the opening.
Gonzos horn: Gonzo says that he isn't going to be in tonights show.

Introduction
Kermit notices that Statler and waldorf are not in their balcony.

Opening Number
Mary Tyler Moore plays harmonica with the jugband, but she proves to be a terrible harmonica player.

Backstage
Mary is relieved that Statler and Waldorf didn't show up, because she didn't think she could take criticzism from them, and just wanted to show off a new talent, and plans on showing off another talent that she isn't known for later. she smiles, and everrybody cheers. After hearing that Statler and Waldorf are not watching the show, Fozzie begs Kermit to let him do a monologue, but the show is already overscheduled.

Veterinarians Hospital
zoot is the patient, and he is there becasue he zones out too much.
Announcer: tune in next week when you'll hear Zoot say...
Zoot: nothing. i ain't saying nothing.

Song: Turkey in the Straw
T.R. Rooster, a turkey, and the chickens sing Turkey in the Straw, and square dance.

Canteen
Fozzie tries to get people to cancel their acts for tonight so that he can go on. However, everybody in the canteen either isn't scheduled to perform tonight (Gladys, Scooter, Beauregard) or has already done their act (jerry, Lou)

Introduction
Kermit introduces Mary, who is doing another talent she isn't known for: flying a helicopter indoors.

Act
Mary gets on the drivers seat of a helicopter (assisted by Bunsen and beaker), and we learn why she isn't known for flying a helicopter indoors: She is dangerous at it (we only see them in the helicopter for a few seconds before cutting backstage, but we hear many crashing and screaming sound effects in the background.

Backstage
Fozzie gets Rowlf to cancel his act, only his act isn't untill next week.

U.K. Spot: Turkey in the Straw
Lobbock Lou and his jughuggers reprise the song from earlier, and are joined by a turkey who is trapped inside an oversized drinking straw.

Dance Number
Mary attempts to do a dance number with Sweetums, Thog, Doglion, Fletcherbird, Timmy monster and Big Mama, but she keeps trpping over them.

Backstage
Fozzie tells Kermit that Zoot canceled his sax solo so Fozzie can do a monologue. However, there are still more acts that fill the show. mary comes backstage and tells kermit that it might be best to cancel her next act (juggling three grand pianos).

Introduction
kermit says that due to some cancelation, here is Fozzie Bear.

Fozzies Act
Fozzie Bear: hiya hiya hiya! here I am, Fozzie bear, and tonight I have some great jokes for ya.
(statler and waldorf then enter the balcony)
Statler: man, I can't believe that our ride got pulled over.
Waldorf: well, at least we got here in time to heckle the bear. hey, Bear! You're not funny!
Fozzie Bear: oh, no, you're back.
Waldorf: sure we're back. we're late.
Statler: our taxi driver got pulled over for wreckless driving, and a police officer had to drive us here.
Waldorf: he couldn't have driven us.
Statler: why not?
Waldorf: we're not vehicles.
(they laugh)
Fozzie Bear: Zoot, perform your solo.
(zoot comes onstage and begins his solo)

Dressing Room/ closing number: Love is All Around
Mary Tyler Moore is upset because she couldn't show off a new talent. Mary admits that the only reason she even did the show is becaus eher two co-stars who got their own spin-offs (Valerie Harper and Cloris Leachman) got to be guest stars. Kermit starst to sing the Mary Tyler Moore show theme, and as they go backstage they get joined by many muppets, including scooter, droop, floyd, zeke, t.r. rooster, the newsman, annie sue pig, and gladys.

Good Night
Kermit tells mary that he is glad she was a guest, despite all her mistakes. they are joined by bunsen, beaker, zoot, fozzie, and miss piggy.

After Credits
Statler: you knwo what I liked best about this show?
Waldorf: what?
Statler: we only saw half of it.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I love it, as usual. Poor Fozzie! how typical for Statler and Waldorf to show up just when he got on stage. And I love the end of Vet's hospital! Great!