minor muppetz' TMS outline: Nancy Sinatra

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After writing a few outlines in a row that took place in the fifth season, and in honor of the recent first season DVD release, i thought I'd make this outline take place in the first season.

Introduction
Kermit says that although he is currently barefoot, the following number isn't. (fozzie gave him that joke)

Opening Number: These Boots Were Made For Walkin'
In a black background, nancy sings while two boots walk on their own. The mutations eventually start running on-stage with mallets, attempting to hit the boots with them.

At The Dance
Throuhgout this sketch, various dancers fall through holes in the floor.

Shouting lady: (shouting) I think I have just figured out why I can't sleep at night. Are you listening to me?!
Partner (her partner from the episodes with paul Williams and Florence henderson) : uh, why can't you sleep at night?
Shouting lady: I talk in my sleep!

Mildred: do you like singing?
George: I don't know. I never singled.

brown-haired female pig: uh, you're not going to eat me, are you?
boppity: of course not, baby! I am a vegetarian.
(various muppet vegetables run up to them and jeer at boppity)

Rowlf and the brown-haired woman fall thorough a hole. Crazy Harry and Zelda Rose also fall through).

Female: my, there seems to be a lot of holes in the floor.
Fozzie bear: yeah, it's because of a deal.
female: what deal?
Fozzie bear: the deal that fell through. (they slip into the hole)

Balcony
Waldorf: hey, statler.
Statler: what?
Waldorf: has it ever occured to you that we never heckle the jokes in at the dance?
Statler: well, that's becasue they are not good enough for us to heckle.

backstage
kermit wonders what the big hole was doing on the stage so soon after the first number (fozzie: "it was doing the backstroke!"). kermit gets a repair man to fix the hole. Hilda is ready to do the act that she rehearsed, but kermit tells her that she can't go on-stage because the floor is getting repaired, but Hilda mistakenly thinks that Kermit canceled her act and quits.

dressing room
Wayne and Wanda rehearse their number, "these boots were made for walking". sam comes to their dressing room to see what song they will be doing. However, after sam tells them that the song has already been performed on the show, wayne decides that they should do a different song.

Muppet News
The newsman reports on a lady who can do anything people want her to do. via satelite, the newsman asks the lady (Nancy Sinatra) to fly to the roof. She says that flying to the roof is the one thing she can't do. She is then asked to dissolve herself from her location to the muppet newsroom. She can't do that either. She is then asked to shrink. She can't do that. The newsman points out that she claimed that she can do anything she is told. She says she can, becasue before the news began, she was told to lie on tv, and that's what she did.

Backstage
kermit tries to convince Hilda to saty on the show. Hilda refuses. She also doesn't beleive kermit when he says that she will be doing her act.

Song: Big Boss Man
Nancy Sings to the Bossmen.

U.K. Spot
The gawky Birds do a dance. Then the Snerfs do a dance. Then The Bossmen do a dance. Then The gazzelles (is that the right name? they were in Juliet prowses first act) do a dance.

Talk Spot
Miss Piggy is jealous of kermit and nancy, but when Miss Piggy hears that Frank Sinatra is her father, kermit is the one who gets jealous.

backstage
George, Mildred, Gonzo, Nigel, and Boppity give Hilda a good bye party. Kermit wonders why Hilda is still at the theatre if she quit. Hilda says that she will stay on the show if she can do her act, and kermit tells her to get ready (man, there wasn't even a problem in the first place).

Introduction
sam the eagle introduces "something better than Nancy Sinatra".

Wayne and Wanda
Wayne and wanda sing tea for two, but the tea causes them to uncontrolably burp.

balcony
Statler and waldorf burp to the tune of tea For two.

backstage
sam berates wayne and wanda ('talk about tasteless").

Introduction
kermit introduces Hilda.

Hildas Act
Hildas act is dressing up as a saw and tap dancing. She falls off the stage.

Wings
kermit: "she threatened to quit over this act?"

Introduction
Kermit introduces Nancy Sinatra.

Closing Number
Nancy does a dance routine with Thog. They tell jokes throughout the performance.

Balcony
statler and waldorf think that was the same as "at the dance".

Good Night
kermit welcomes Hilda back from the show. Also on stage for the good nights are brewster, wayne, wanda, miss piggy, and gonzo.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
if you are wondering who performs certain characters...

The Shouting ladys dance partner is performed by jerry nelson (like how all of her dance partners were).
Boppity and the brown-haired pig are performed by Dave Goelz.
The vegetables who attack them are a tomadoe, cabbage, and sprout (let me know if those vegetables were not created before or during the first season. Even thouhg I've watched all of the first season episodes I am not sure). heir voices are provided by Jim Henson, Frank Oz and Eren Ozkar.
Fozzies dancing partner is performed by Frank Oz.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I loved the opening number and the holes made in the stage consequently in At the Dance. Hilarious.