Minor Muppetz' TMS Outline: Placedo Domingo

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Enjoy this outline. It takes place during season 4.

Cold Open
Scooter: Placedo Domingo, fifteen seconds to curtain!
(Placedo screams a really loud note)
Scooter: I see thatg you're practicing for your number, right?
Placedo Domingo: No, I'm screaming because I'm on the show tonight.

Introduction
Kermit announces that Placedo Domingo is the guest, and introduces him in the opening number.

Openigng Number: selections from Carmen
Placedo sings a few seelctions from the opera Carmen, backed by Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, which in this number also includes whatnot trumpet, tuba, and violin players.

Balcony
Waldorf: What did you think of that?
Statler: My ears hurt.
Waldorf: You mena it was too loud for your ears?
Statler: No, I mean my hearing aids exploded.

Backstage
Kermit comments on the opening number, and Sam is happy that the show has such a cultural guest. However, Placedo starts coughing.

Dance Number: Yankee Doodle
A bird jazz band (consisting of the birds from The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence) performs an instrumental verison of Yankee Doodle while Fletcherbird dances.

Wings
Sam comments that he's pleased at tonight's show so far.

Dressing Room
Dr. Bob, Nurse Piggy, and Nurse Janice check on Placedo. After making a few wisecracks, Placedo is diagnosed with losing his voice. The announcer then says "Tune in next week when you'll hear Dr. Bob say...", and Dr. Bob says "Wait a minute! This sin't a Vets Hospital sketch!" Miss Piggy comments that the line will be appropriate for next weeks sketch.

UK Spot
Statler and Waldorf enjoy the intermission, but keep gettign interrupted with other characters suddenly entering the balcony singing songs relevent to what they say. First, tatler says that he'll need soem help, and Floyd, Janice, and Dr. Teeth enter performing a verse of Help! Then Waldorf mentions that raindrops have been falling on his head, and Jerry pops up to sing a few lines from Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head. Statler then comments that he'd like to have some american pie, and Beauregard shows up and sings a line from American Pie. Statler and Waldorf then wodner if the show is over.

Song: All You Get From Love is a Love Song
Rowlf performs the Carpenters song on the piano.

Backstage
Kermit and Scooter wonder what they should do about Placedo losing his voice. Bunsen tells Kermit not to worry, he cna help, and brings Placedo out onstage. Kermit is still worried, though.

Muppet Labs
Bunsen has invented a voice enhancement device. Beaker puts it in Placedo Domingo's mouth, and after it's used, Placedo talks in a high-pitched voice.

Introduction
Kermit introduces Fozzie Bear.

Fozzie's act
Fozzie decides to sit in a chair, which he thinks will make the audience laugh. Statler na dWaldorf comment that there's nothign funny about sitting in a chair, but Fozzie tells them to jus twatch. Fozzie sits, but nothign funny happens. Fozzie says that the chair was supposed to break. Beauregard comes out, telling Fozzie that he brought out the wrong chair. When Fozzie gets ready to sit in it, he falls through a trap door.

Introduction
Sam the Eagle tells the audience that Placedo Domingo is still going to perform in the closing number. However, Scoter informs Sam on-stage that, due to his voice, he's doing a tap dancing number instead.

Closing Number: The Varsity Drag
The Muppet Orchestra performs while Placedo tap dances. Halfway through the nubmer, Placedo's foot gets stuck in a trap door. He calsl for help, and then realises that his voice is back to normal, so he sings an operatic version of Help!

Goodnight
Placedo is hapy to have his voice back, and happier that the show is over. Kermit and Placedo are joined by Miss Pigy, Rowlf, Bunsen, Beaker, and Fletcherbird.

after credits
Statler: I'm just like Placedo Domingo.
Waldorf: You mean you are a great opera singer?
Statler: No, I mean I'm happy the show is over.