Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Sally Field

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is my sixth outline for The Muppet Show, and my first to feature a female guest star. This one takes place during the fifth season.

Cold Opening/ Lobby
Pops goes wild when Sally Field, wearing a dress more revealing than the one that Raquel Welch wore in her "someone just like you" number (for no apparant reason) walks in.

Gonzos opening trumpet Blow
Gonzo blows his horn, which makes a "Booing" sound.

Introduction
Kermit announces a milestone: this is the 500th show in a row that Statler and Waldorf attended, so they are going to get honored with an award during the secodn half of the show. Statler comments that they should have gotten an award the second time in a row that they watched. anyway, due to their award ceremony, all of sally fields acts are in the first half of the show.

Openign Number: Shake Your Groove Thing
wearing the outfit she arrived in, Sally Field dances with sweetums, thog, big mama and the mutations.

Balcony
statler and waldorf talk about how pleased they are with the fact that they are finally getting something for watching the show.

Song: We've got each other
Sally Field and Janice sing this song togetehr (yes, sally is wearing teh same thing she wore in the last number, and janice has a matching outfit).

Backstage
J.P. gross arrives, saying that he is ready to give the award out, but the guest star has another act.

Introduction
kermit announces that sally field is now going to act rather than sing.

Act
Sally Field has a tea party with Miss Piggy, janice, Pops and annie sue pig. The swedish Chef serves the tea, which tastes awful (the swedish chef accdently mixed coffee with battery leakage).

Balcony
statler and waldorf decide to leave the balcony to enter the stage for their award ceremony.

Backstage
j.p. gross tells everybody to get ready. kermit doesn't think he can do what is going to be done.

U.K. Spot: Modern Major General
Beaker meeps to the tune of Modern major General, and is joined by the chickens (who cluck the tune of the song) and some ducks (who quack the tune). at the end of the song, Mahna Mahna pops up and shouts "Mahna Mahna!".

Introduction
Kermit introduces the ceremony.

ceremony
the stage has a big setting. Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem perform openign music from behind a small platform, and there is another platform, for statler and waldorf to sit behind. J.P. gross goes to the podeum to announce the award, and beauregard hands two trophies to them. then, j.p. gross announces that they are now going to have a roast for them. this was fozzies idea, and fozzie is the first to roast them. he succeeds in getting the audience to laugh, and says "if they are being roasted, how come they are not on fire?", which prompts the swedish chef to go and try to cook them. Rizzo then takes the stand, and gets more laughs ("people sya i'mn a rat, but they are bigger, older, uglier rats than I am").

Backstage
Kermit and Sally Field think that it's mean to use the opportunity to award them for their 500th visit in a row to roast them (even though statler and waldorf deserve it). sam comes by and thinks that roasting is unamerican.

Ceremony/ Closing Number
Floyd cracks some mean-spirited jokes, and then statler and waldorf start to feel guilty about the way that they treated the muppets, and then leave. there is still time for another act, so sally field decides to sing a medley of songs that have already been sung on the muppet show: mahna mahna (joined by the snowths), rockin' robin (joined by thre birds), old fashioned love song (joined by the electric mayhem), nobodys buisness but my own (joined by fleet scribbler), six string orchestra (joined by floyd, janice, animal, zoot and lips), and happy togetehr (joined by kermit, fozzie, gonzo, j.p. gross, louis kazagger, marvin suggs, dr. strangepork, annie sue pig, lou, bubba, and rizzo).

Good Night/ Credits
Kermit thanks Sally Field for being on the show, and then they all joiun together to sing We Got Us (which they sing over the credits). in the balcony, statler and waldorf are thankful for their prize, but decide to continue heckling them.

:boo: :sleep:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I. Absolutely. LOVE IT! Love the roast. It's about time some body gave those guys a taste of their own medicine!!!!!!!