MirrorMask headed to Blu-Ray!

Laszlo

Reaction score
Don't care about Mirrormask. Where are DARK CRYSTAL and LABYRINTH Blu-Rays?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Neil Gaiman has been on this frogboy's angry list since MirrorMask. I really feel that film helped strangle the funding for other Henson ventures. All that will likely be forgotten with next year's Coraline. I have MirrorMask on DVD already. I'll only pick up the Blu-ray once all of the Henson/Muppet collection makes it to the format. :scary:

I hear that Dark Crystal and Labyrinth have been on the track to Blu-ray. Blu-ray and Columbia-Tri-Star are both Sony companies so it is inevitable. I hear the hold up is in remastering the negatives. I also hear many of the goodies that were lacking on the recent DVD re-re-re-reissues will make it onto the Blu-rays.

On the Muppet front – Disney is very Blu-ray strong. In fact, they were one of the first. Ownership of 2 of the 6 Muppet films has been sticky, but seeing that Columbia-Tri-Star holds the home video rights to MFS and MTM gives me hope.

Meepsterboy

Reaction score
Man, am I the only person who really loved MirrorMask? I thought it was great, and beautiful, and had a really interesting plot.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Man, am I the only person who really loved MirrorMask? I thought it was great, and beautiful, and had a really interesting plot.
I couldn't really find the plot. The only thing I could relate to is that "I don't want to be a waiter" either. I really felt it was a bad, but beautiful-looking film. It meandered past the point of caring and I really try to give movies every chance.

You are not alone. I have met one more Gaiman fan that feels the same way you do (and about the plot as well that I think is nearly nonexistent). I suppose it must be a fan-thing? The film tried my patience and just made me angry as the minutes slowly ticked by. I still purchased the DVD (out of loyalty to Henson) and have played the film on mute while listening to music selections. It's much more interesting to me that way as a mood-setter that requires no undivided attention. :embarrassed:

I suspected it would be the first Henson to hit the Blue-ray format and the visuals will definitely shine there.

Pork

Reaction score
No your not the only one. I really enjoyed it! But yeah, I don't have a high-def TV anyway...so no use my buying a it on Blu Ray yet.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Unfortunatly, while I was looking forward to this film, I didn't like it at all. It was confusing mess, I couldn't really follow the plot (if there even WAS one).

Moreover, I find it amazing that the Hensons can get stuff like this done with a snap of the fingers while it takes years and years to get stuff like Power of the Dark Crystal to us. Don't get me wrong, Neil Gaiman does great work but a film like this doesn't really work.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatly, while I was looking forward to this film, I didn't like it at all. It was confusing mess, I couldn't really follow the plot (if there even WAS one).

Moreover, I find it amazing that the Hensons can get stuff like this done with a snap of the fingers while it takes years and years to get stuff like Power of the Dark Crystal to us. Don't get me wrong, Neil Gaiman does great work but a film like this doesn't really work.
You said it so much better than I could. Exactly my thoughts. :smile: