misleading video titles

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Are there any Sesame Street videos that you feel have misleading titles (not counting ones that begin with "The Best of...")?

The only one that I can think of now is I'm Glad I'm Me. With a title like that, I would expect it to be about self-acceptance, not body parts. The only segment from that video that I would have expected to see included is Bein' Green (though I would have included Lena Horn's version). Me Gotta Be Blue and the skit where Ernie thought he wasn't special are also the types that I would have expected.

But for a video with this title, I would have had it include the following sketches:
Bein' Green
Me Gotta Be Blue
Being a Pig
Proud
Me
Ernie doesn't think he's special
The Frogs in the Glen
Proud to be a Cow
This Frog
Proud of Me

A long time ago, I saw a review of that video, which was too brief to really know much about it. In that review, it mistakenly said that Grover wanted to be somebody else, so his friends helped him feel better about himself. That type of plot matches the cover (Grover looking at himself in the mirror), and with a plot like that, Proud of Me would have made a good closing number. However, Grover doens't even star in any sketches from that video. He just appears in the backgreound in Me Gotta Be Blue, and makes a cameo in Let's Make a Face. Back when I first saw a copy of the video in stores, I thought that it probably included Monster in the Mirror, despite the fact that I didn't know that this video came first and I didn't know what year either was from.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah- it was kind of a misleading title for "I'm Glad I'm Me"
....it's still a great video- but it's not really about self-acceptance as such...though "Bein' Green" is on there!:smile:

I think most of the other titles have been pretty much on par though...