1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Miss Muffet skit narrated by Gina

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Muppet dude, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

Hey, I remember a skit from "Sesame Street" back when I was little. It was a take on "Little Miss Muffet," but it wasn't that one with the Fat Blue muppet messing up his costumes and Miss Muffet sounding like Miss Piggy, or even the News Flash skit with the waterbed. Here is what I remember...

Gina opens up a book and begins to narrate the story. It stars Miss Muffet and a young spider (who has a squeaky voice). They both appeared to be made out of lavender Anything Muppets. Whenever the spider would show up, Miss Muffet would scream loudly and run away (with her footsteps padding wildly). Then she tried to eat at other places, (the only one I remember being at a table, and then she knocked down something when she saw the spider), and at the end, back at the tuffet, Miss Muffet and the spider make up and become friends.

Can anyone help me on this?
    Cory Stoczynski likes this.
  2. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

I remember that sketch since 1989, and I'm sure Muppet_DK has this sketch.
  3. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

4. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

Nice sketch but that one on Youtube was narrated by Jerry Nelson.:smirk:
  5. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

That's not the one I meant, but it is sort of close. It IS humorous, though. They reveal the magic of an Anything Muppet there. But I don't understand how the spider in it near the end could scare people. Is it the beady eyes? The big hairy legs? The fact that it's BLUE? In my opinion, I think it looks kinda cute!
  6. superboober

superboober Member

Another Miss Muffet bit I can recall was one where Oscar was telling his Grouchkateers fractured versions of the familiar tales (in this case, "Little Miss Muffet sat on an elephant..."), and Gordon had to correct them to their proper versions.
  7. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I actually remember this one, too. I haven't seen it in ages, but I remember seeing it in episode 3014 from Season 24 (1992). But I think it might have been from an earlier season, because of Gina's look (she looked more like a teenager in this sketch).