1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Miss Piggy and Kermit homemade puppets

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Keeermit, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

HELLO EVERYONE! I have had a long and much needed break from the world of puppets, but i'm back! I felt i needed to have a break from making puppets as i was not coming up with any new ideas for puppets - i have been building them for about 20 years now..... i have slowly updated my website... i've added my new miss piggy puppet :mad: and my new antron kermit :) , also one of my own designs Norb the Numbat ..please take a look at them on http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/puppets also keep an eye out on ebay I am currently making a few original puppets to sell on ebay.... thansk for your patience and i look forward to talking with you all.
    cheers jarrod
  2. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

Wow those are really nice. They're spot on except for using the antron fleece, which is understandable.
  3. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

yes i realise the real miss piggy is made from a molded foam head and then flocked...... but without owning a flocker i think antron works very well. And i say to all the puppet builders out there to experiment if u dont have the right materials - sometimes it works out better! my miss piggy head will last 10 times longer than a flocked version. have fun all those talented builders out there :)
  4. Aw man , they're awsome!
  5. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

great work man, very well done, but i like your original work, better, lets see more of that!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

Awesome job! Those are great fun to look at, thanks for sharing!
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

You're too talented. I feel sick.

HA HA HA...GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe you were able to get that Miss Piggy shaped head from FLEECE!! That is some awesome work!

Details, man: how long did it take you to do that??
  8. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

You are amazingly talented! You should be working for Henson, or should I say Disney?
  9. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Those puppets rock! :crazy: :excited:
  10. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Holy crap that's amazing work! It seriously looks like Piggy, Kermit, PePe and Animal are originals. Does Animal have working eyebrows?
  11. Tztz

Tztz Member

amazing , just perfect work!
    :) :)
  12. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

hi everyone,
    thanks for all your kind words about my work.... im glad you like my muppet characters and my original designs - and although i've noticed on here that some people think copying henson puppets is not using your brain or not being creative i completely disagree!!! i think the more i copy and work out how they design and construct helps me learn how to craft such fantastic designs - like the little corners of kermits mouth to make him smile, its the easiest thing to do but looks great! and it took me a while to work out how they actually did this but now that i know i can incorporate that into my designs when needed. just like cartoonists learn to draw cartoons by copying their favourites before creating their own.... we are the same...... enjoy the art of puppet making.
    cheers

jarrod
  13. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

hi vic,
    yes animals eyes blink, all my recreations have all the same movements as the real puppets e.g. my Gonzo also has excitable eyes (they open further just like the real gonzo) and berts eyebrow moves up and down just like the original.
    cheers
    jarrod
  14. Those are the best recreations I've seen.
  15. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Ah, that's just jealousy. That's like saying: "I'll never eat toast because it's just exploiting bread." Okay, it's nothing like that, but I agree with you on the subject. You obviously have fantasic talent, and if learning techniques by copying them will further your own abilities; then go nuts 'cause you have got it.
  16. christyb

christyb New Member

Wow those are fantastic! I don't see anything wrong with copying Henson's characters if you're keeping them for personal use. Selling them....well that maybe a different story.
  17. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

They aren't Henson's anymore.
  18. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

hi everyone once again,
    thank you once again for all those kind words that are coming my way, i have swamped by emails the last few days with people praising my work and asking for puppet orders, but I must make it clear that I'm not making any "muppet" character puppets on original designs which when they are built (still working on designs that im happy with) they will be on my website for sale and also i will be putting a few on ebay. :)
  19. christyb

christyb New Member

Henson's, Disney's whatever. They're still Jim's. :)
  20. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

Those are fantastic puppets Keeermit,they look almost like the real thing.Great job.