Miss Piggy glove up for auction

matleo

Reaction score
Hey gang,
Look quick!! Miss Piggy's glove is up for auction on www.missionfish.com
It's framed autgraphed by the pig and proceeds go to "Educate the children". The auction ends tommorow (6-22) at 3:30 EST. ANo bids have been placed yet, but the item has just been anounced over at the puppetry web site so puppetry collectors will be looking at it today and tommorow. Good luck to any bidders.

--Matt

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Matt! Looks like it's for a good cause, so hopefully the bids will start rolling soon.

I edited your post to correct the web link. Hope you don't mind. :smile:

radionate

Reaction score
Well I'm poor, but thats what plastic was invented for. Let it be known I put in a bid for the glove (I think I need my head examined)

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the glove comes with a certificate of authenticity?

I tried the ask a question feature on the site, but it wouldn't send my question for some reason.

Thanks!

Foreignman

Reaction score
Why, oh why, oh why did I have to find out about this auction. I have a budget here and my money is currently going to the "Put Ken Lilly's Future Kids Through College by Buying Muppet Figures Fund", I can't afford to bid on this Glove. But still, it's so tempting, I think the urge is unstopable. Let's just hope the amount of money it's going for stays relativley low or goes above what I can afford. It is awesome, though, I hope one of us folks at Muppet Central eventually gets it. Just as long as it's not some insanely rich kid who wants to buy a pair of batting gloves and stumbles upon this... *shivers*...

matleo

Reaction score
Yeah I decided to put my money more towards Muppet figures instead of this, but I figures someone on this board should have it. That's why I posted the link and BTW: Thanks Cindy for fixing it for me. I'm no good with these things. Good luck gang. I'm away from my computer this weekend so someone let me know what it finally goes for.

--Matt

radionate

Reaction score
Well so far I've got the winning bid for the glove. I will keep you all posted. I need this like a hole in the head, and I'm a little leary now that there I realized there isn't a certificate of authenticity with it.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Didn't mean to make you nervous about the glove! Did you email the donar to make sure there isn't a certificate?

It does look like the signed gloves I've seen before (wasn't there one auctioned off by the For All Kids foundation on eBay a while back?). I don't really doubt the authenticity. A certificate just increases the value and all.

radionate

Reaction score
Gonna do that right now. Just to be safe. I just don't know what I'd do with a glove that small!

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Gonna do that right now. Just to be safe. I just don't know what I'd do with a glove that small!

Why not make a Missy Piggy to go with it???

What I want to know is WHO signed the glove? was it Frank Oz, Jim Henson? Whooo???

Just wondering...=)

That glove sure looks tempting..hehehe!

~fluff~