Miss Piggy less aggressive with Kermit in season 5

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed this?

Miss Piggy had bullied Kermit a lot throughout the first four seasons of TMS.
But the only time she attacked him in season 5,was the episode that guest starred Linda Ronstadt,when she locked him in a trunk.

I used to assume that this was because of what happened in the episode guest starring Loretta Swit,where Kermit angrily fired Piggy.

But according to the actual TMS episode production order,Linda Ronstadt came long after Loretta Swit.In syndicated reruns Loretta Swit came two episodes after Linda Ronstadt.(Glenda Jackson was in between.)

:smile::mad:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yeah - but keep in mind by the end of the series, Piggy had somewhat accomplished her goals - even though Kermit would still deny they were a couple, she wasn't starting from square one in regards of getting his attention.

By season five, the general public thought of them as "Kermit and Miss Piggy" something Piggy could only dream of at the beginning. And while Kermit may not have gone so far as to self-identify as Piggy's man, he at least had demonstrated that he does care about her and had grown more careful about his interactions with other females if for no other reason than wrath of the pig.

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
Yes, I can remember Miss Piggy being less agressive with Kermit in season five. The show seemed more finely tuned altogether - easier for them to finesse - more nuanced maybe, including in the look of things.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've seen a few threads/posts over the years where people noticed that Miss Piggy was less mean to Kermit during the last season. It seems like in the movies their relationship isn't as one-sided, and it seems like most of the major Muppet productions from the late-1980s (the 30th anniversary special, MFC) didn't portray any conflict between the two.

By the time The Muppet Movie came out, it seems like the cast had become better friends than they had in the beginning. In the first two seasons, Kermit seemed to get annoyed by the others more easily, and in the first season seemed to criticise some a bit more.

Fraggline

Reaction score
In the first two seasons, Kermit seemed to get annoyed by the others more easily, and in the first season seemed to criticise some a bit more.
Exactly! Bingboingcutie has told me that Kermit was a bit more self-reflective in the first season and more disposed to make side comments to himself or to the audience ("think about this, friends").
Also, Kermit did seem to get more annoyed by the others. They sort of seemed like little kids coming to him with crazy demands in a way that showed there wasn't much "closeness" among them all. But that's changed now.