Miss Piggy on Regis

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody mentioned this before, but Miss Piggy is scheduled to make an appearance on "Regis and Kelly" this morning.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Piggy on Regis and Kelly

I did get to watch Miss Piggy's appearance on Regis & Kelly.Piggy was announced,cut to Piggy sitting crosslegged on the guest stool.She was wearing an almost matching outfit to Kelly's: arm-legnth gloves(yes Kelly wore them too),red & white floral sun-dress,with her long flowing straightened hair.Kelly & Piggy exchanged quips back and forth with each other & after the commercial a clip was shown from MWoO,with Piggy as the bad witch(eye patched),talking to Johnny F. & Sal about what to send after Dorthy(ending with the send the Flying Monkeys line).Side note: Piggy's voice the first part of the interview was terrible,second was better.Gosh,I miss Frank Oz doing Miss Piggy's voice.<sigh>

Also shown,was a kiss between Regis & Piggy,and a clip of Piggy & Mark Consuelos(Kelly's husband).

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
I knew about it...but I was at work and I didn't have a blank tape to record it.

*kicks self in the booty*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Knew about it too, even posted a thread for it over on Palisades' forum and in my post in the GMA thread here on MC.
But missed it too. Ashante will be on tomorrow's Regis and Kelly, maybe I'll catch that one though I'm not sure.

BTW: SugarBritches, if you wanna join the dorms, send me a PM or E-mail and I can help get you settled into the dormhouse.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
I did get to watch Miss Piggy's appearance on Regis & Kelly.Piggy was announced,cut to Piggy sitting crosslegged on the guest stool.She was wearing an almost matching outfit to Kelly's: arm-legnth gloves(yes Kelly wore them too),red & white floral sun-dress,with her long flowing straightened hair.Kelly & Piggy exchanged quips back and forth with each other & after the commercial a clip was shown from MWoO,with Piggy as the bad witch(eye patched),talking to Johnny F. & Sal about what to send after Dorthy(ending with the send the Flying Monkeys line).Side note: Piggy's voice the first part of the interview was terrible,second was better.Gosh,I miss Frank Oz doing Miss Piggy's voice.<sigh>

Also shown,was a kiss between Regis & Piggy,and a clip of Piggy & Mark Consuelos(Kelly's husband).
I have to admit. I didn't hear it too well, since I was at the Y when I was watching it, but I agree with what you said about the voice. I thought she sounded a bit too much like Grover. I wonder if that was Eric Jacobson. His Piggy voice was really good before, so I'm guessing they either got a different puppateer to play her while Eric was doing another project or it was Eric and he was just off today for some reason or other. I don't know.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Did anyone see the part with Donald Trump? If so, was there a reference made to the Dove commercial where Piggy appeared (at the end of an Apprentice episode)?

That Announcer

Reaction score
The Piggy appearance was terrible. Jacobson's voice (presumably) was bad, the humor was bad, Kelly Ripa was as stupid as Paris Hilton. I hated it.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It's hard to believe that really was Eric. I was thinking about that quite a bit today. I was thinking that maybe Eric was out signing autographs or something and they got a different puppateer to play her for a live appearance, but if you say it was Eric I believe you.

I guess I see what you mean about live shows. I guess the puppateers spend more time thinking about what they're going to say rather than getting the voice right. Actually, I remember she didn't sound quite right the last time she was on the show either. Also, Steve's Kermit sometimes sounds a bit off in talk shows.

But Miss Piggy sounded really good in the "Muppet Wizard of Oz." It seems that when Eric has time to rehearse something instead of ad-libbing, he's really good.

I don't think Frank could have gotten a better replacement.