Miss Piggy on SNL?

DisneyWy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am new here, but have been checking out the site for a while now and love it. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had heard about this...

December 3, 2004 -- THEY'VE dressed Anna Nicole Smith, Paris Hilton and Naomi Campbell. Now Heatherette designers Richie Rich and Traver Rains have revamped Miss Piggy's look. They were asked to design wardrobes for the porcine princess — but with limitations. "We were told Kermit is wearing green, so we couldn't dress her in green," Rich told PAGE SIX's Lisa Marsh. "And she always wears real jewelry." The resulting red dress will be seen on her upcoming appearance on Regis & Kelly's holiday special. "It's red lace with Swarovski crystals . . . We're also doing a see-through lucite number," Rich said. "Piggy's doing 'Saturday Night Live' and she may dance around in it."

I found it while reading Page Six in the New York Post and found it exciting and interesting. I also put the link to the Post website where you can read it and see the picture.

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/35567.htm

pennyring

Reaction score
Fun! Muppets are everywhere!! Ahhhh contentment. :smile: Its nice of Disney to parade their newest conquest for all of us to admire.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
she will also be on a Regis kelly holiday special i wonder when that is

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
We'll Jude Law/ Ashlee Simpson SNL is on tonight (12/5)
and it's Colin Farrel/Sisser Sisters (12/11)
Maybe Dec 18th because the next saturdayafter is christmas i doubt a "live" show

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
she will also be on a Regis kelly holiday special i wonder when that is
It sounds to me like they're talking about the Disney Christmas Parade. Regis & Kelly are hosting the Disney World part, and Kermit & Piggy are hosting in Disneyland.

T

timrikthegorf

FISH'N'WOLFE said:
Very interesting, it sounds as if she may host it.
While that would be cool, especially if other characters show up, I doubt it. It will be nice to get the muppets back on SNL. I wish we'd get more java and manamana type sketches though.

Frogster

Reaction score
So, Miss Piggy's going to be on Saturday Night Live? That is so cool! The two shows I grew up watching merge together. And as the old saying goes, where there's smoke there's fire. And by that, I mean where there's Miss Piggy, there's Kermit! When will she be on? Does anyone know when? I'll be taping this one!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
This could be one of three things:

1) This is a joke, the article could be showing a parody of how big a "star" and deva Piggy is. Saying things like she'll be on SNL and whatnot makes her look like more real and deva-like. But she may not actually do it.

2) She will make a cameo (maybe with other Muppets too) on the show in a skit
(such as a commentary weekend update or a cameo in a host's monolog)

3) She (and the other Muppets) will be the host of the show sometime this season. This would be outstanding, and it would be great to see the Muppets on SNL again, but with Disney ownership I'd be surpised of such an apperiance on NBC.

We'll have to wait and see, the SNL hosts are not publicly announced until 1 week (sometimes 2) before they appear on the show.