Miss Piggy's age

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, in Muppet 30 Years, Kermit suggests that she is 30, and she laughs him off insisting that she only joined the Muppet recently. "As a child star..." But I'd definatly say late 30's. I don't think she, or any other Muppet, is really the age of their puppet...or they'd all be about 40 or 50, and Robin would be, what, 30?

muppet baby

Reaction score
Well, in Muppet 30 Years, Kermit suggests that she is 30, and she laughs him off insisting that she only joined the Muppet recently. "As a child star..." But I'd definatly say late 30's. I don't think she, or any other Muppet, is really the age of their puppet...or they'd all be about 40 or 50, and Robin would be, what, 30?

Yep i agree robin would be 30 that makes sense .
Late 30s for piggy that would be right .:smile: i think that piggy would love to have that said about her LOL . I really think thugh that is the truth really she is in her 30s .

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
213 and three quarters. She's seen and been through it all.

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
I...I...I can taste my spleen.... Ow.... Beau, can ya help me up?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hmm...Not sure that you deserve help after suggesting that the porcine princess could be 70? But, sure, I'll give you a hand up.

Back on topic...ish...Miss Piggy once said that her full name was "Pigathius," which is "From the Greek, meaning 'river of passion'." Do we believe her?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
About the river of passion part, or about the name? If we're voting, I'm going to say yes to the first, maybe to the last. (I could easily hear Piggy's mother calling, "Pigathius! What do you think you're doing?"

But about the age part. Well, Kermit is older, but I would say that during TMS days, she was probably in her late 20s. She was very young and un-sophisticated at the beginning, but as she matures as a performer both her behavior and her look acquire great sophistication. Take a quick peek at clips from the first season, then the last season. Quelle difference! I would guess she ended her run on TMS in her early 30s, the age at which women actually begin to be intersting as women instead of young women.

Once, Gene Shalit suggested that she was aging remarkably well, and asked her if she'd "had work done," or at least implied it. The end result of that was probably Gene needed to have "work done." I would imagine that Piggy and Kermit will probably never "age" much beyond the mid-thirties to mid-forties range in terms of behavior. We're never going to hear about Kermit having a mid-life crisis (unless it's in fanfic) and Piggy will never relinquish her "Babe" status. (Hmmm..has a funny thought about the movie...doesn't say it for fear of being karate chopped!)

SSLFan

Reaction score
I thought muppets were supposed to be "ageless?"

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I thought muppets were supposed to be "ageless?"
Looks like Rowlf the dog is. He started out in the 50's or 60's I think on The Jimmy Dean show.

So in human years he's around 50, but in dog years he'd be dead........:sympathy:

Dogs don't live for 50 years!