1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Miss Piggy's first name?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Sam O'Rama, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Sam O'Rama

Sam O'Rama New Member

Apologies if this has been asked/answered elsewhere, but I was just reading the new issue of Bust magazine which has an interview with Miss Piggy! It's freaking awesome, but in the intro they claim her first name is Loreli (as stated in the Herb Alpert special). I of course checked Muppet Wiki and only saw mentions of "Piggy Lee". Any thoughts?
  2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I asked this question, I saw somewhere that it says her name is Miss Piggy Lee. I asked if this is true and someone told me that it was mentioned on The muppet Show once but then was just dropped. So.............. I guess that's her full name
  3. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I heard on the Jim Nabors epsiode her real name is Pigassius. Miss Piggy tells Jim to call her that to Kermit's surprise, but Piggy Lee sounds so much better. Pigassius sounds like a disease on Vetrinarian's Hospital.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  4. David French

David French Member

Pigathius is the name she gives to Avery Schreiber; that's quite clearly part of her plan to make Kermit jealous and can be dismissed. Piggy Lee is mentioned in the Jim Nabors episode and this is the closest we ever got to a real name.
  5. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Ok! I got my epsidoes mixed up! Thank you for saing Piggy Lee is the right name. Pigathsius is just weird.
  6. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

"Miss Piggy" is probably just what the farmer called her, who first discovered the outgoing little piglet singing & dancing on top of an overturned slop bucket wearing a tiny pink dress (much to the chagrin of all the barnyard animals, who just wanted her to have a nice roll in the mud like a good little pig)..
  7. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Her name is Piggy Lee, but she dropped the Lee so she wasn't offending Peggy Lee, then she now claims her first name is Miss.
  8. robodog

robodog Active Member

Her name is simply Piggy. The "Miss" came about because those who do not respect her are often quick to get their butt handed to them on a silver platter.
  9. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say, threads like this are why I come here.