1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Miss Piggy's Name

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by uncleduke, Jun 23, 2002.

1. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

OK, about 1980 or so, maybe a little earlier, I recall Miss Piggy being on the cover of People Magazine. Inside the mag was an in-depth interview with her, with pictures of her childhood and raise to super-stardom.
    Anyway in this article, they mentioned her first name, I had never seen it before or since. I remember what the name was, I just wanted to see if anyone else remembered, without influencing the populace.
    You can email me at jhammerslag@msn.com and we can compare notes.

2. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Actually, according to Muppet Magazine, "Piggy" was her first name, and "Lee" was her last name. So her real name is "Piggy Lee," a spoof on Peggy Lee, who Miss Piggy was partly based on.

3. Smiley

Smiley New Member

a rose by any other name

You know, I think Miss Piggy claimed her real name to be Petunia or something like that in the Avery Schriver episode of TMS. I have it on tape, I'll have to double check. Then again it could have just been a joke.

4. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

In that episode, her real name was Pigathius. But her real name always changes...