Missing Muppets in IAVMMCM

dreyfax

Reaction score
Hi Ho.. Dreyfax here.. I'm new to the forum, but already think I'm gonna be very busy reading all the posts here for eons..

Anywho..

Its already been stated that it is SO nice to see Scooter and Janice revoiced in IAVMMCM.. However...

I will have to watch it again, but I don't recall seeing Clifford at all in the show.. was Kevin too busy to come lend a voice??

At first I figured it may be because he wasnt in the Muppet Theater.. He was in the muppet TV studio.. BUT.. If Johnny Fiama and Sal Manilla could be there.. then Clifford should have been..

And just how many grunts did Rowlf have? Maybe 2.. but I dont recall any actual lines.. He's still being demoted to an auxillary character, as was Dr. Teeth.. He was only half in the frame, and if I would have blinked I would have missed him.

I was interesting to see the Jack Frost snowman retooled for general muppet use.. At least I think thats who that was.

Salmoto

Reaction score
I remember when Kermit runs into the theater elated he shouts something to Rowlf and Rowlf responds in a friendly mannerism that was his only line in the movie. Bill did the voice, but Rowlf was offscreen at the time.

I'm surprised of the Muppets they did use. Lew Zealand for example, and there were cameos by Bean Bunny and Crazy Harry.

Tonichelle

Reaction score
I dunno... this movie lacked something... and Fozzie's voice wasn't as good as the original(however Piggy was good)

it's still a cute movie(Pepe was a little bit of a perv at the begining)

and when did they have gay muppets? that was something new too...

and I wasn't too keen on the female God... and some of the things said that sort of dissed Christianity...

over all I'd give it a B and I think mom is going to order it. *shrugs*

Moulin Scrooge was good... and Yoda was great :lol:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I just wanted to make a few comments about Rowlf. I hate to say it, but I think the Henson company is still sticking with the decision to retire the character. I know some people saw him at Muppetfest or the Weezer video, but for an entire movie it seems like their still trying to limit his appearances or at least his speaking lines. Just my thoughts.

Salmoto

Reaction score
I don't think they said anything bad about God, they just dragged out a tired old metaphor about God being the boss and the angels being spineless paper pushers. I think Whoopi was very sweet in this role, after all she's played God before, and we as humans are not to say what he/she/it is supposed to look like. God is a concept beyond us all.

Pepe isn't really a perv, he's just, very easily manipulated. Unlike Kermit, Pepe is ruled by raw impulse, to either make money, get famous or get his groove on, ok.....but it was kinda nice that in the end he stopped thinking aobut himself and did the right thing for the other Muppets, and all while still staying true to his character, ok.....

Maybe Howard the pig isn't gay, he just has that kind of foppish exhuberance you see in people like Richard Simmons.....well, bad example, but the point is the Muppets represent many aspects of hollywood personalities, and Howard is just representing the type who like to prance around on their tippity-toes.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
A Clifford poster in the background of the theather wiht the Sal poster.

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
Rowlf only had 3 lines to my recollection.

1. While he was playing the piano, he hummed along.

2. When Kermit runs in he says, "Hey Kermit"

3. I think after Kermit kisses Piggy he says, "Whoa"

When he says Hey Kermit it sounds really close to Jim's Rowlf.

I also would have liked to have more Rowlf but what are you going to do. It kind of seems that when Rowlf is in the Muppet theater he's kinda quiet. Think about it, all his major speaking roles. A bar, in the car, Manhattan, animal shelter, Ma Bear's farmhouse. Maybe he just is shy in the theater? As for the absence of the other characters there's probably an explanation..

Clifford-maybe he celebrates Kwanzaa or Chanukah.
Dr. Phil and Mulch-probably too busy in the lab.
Andy and Randy-probably forgot it was Christmas.

Salmoto

Reaction score
JHC is giving the fans what they want: More Scooter, Janice, Rowlf and Lew, no Andy and Randy, but we haven't said enough about Clifford or Dr. Phil to warrant their return, unfortunately.

To me Rowlf and Kermit represented two sides of Jim Henson. Kermit was Jim's humble reflective side, and Rowlf was his inner performer, the part of him who liked singing, telling jokes and lighting up the room. Perhaps that aspect of Rowlf is the very thing they're having problems emulating.

Thijs

Reaction score
And why did they change the band in Muppets Tonight. I know Janice and Dr. Teeth lost their voice, but the new band hasn`t any lines either !

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Janice & Animal were the only band members to speak (although we here Floyd laugh when piggy falls of the stage.)

By the way does anyonw know who performed
Statler
Lew Zealand
Robin
Pops
Snowman Narrator
Howard (I think that's his name, the fat pig, who worked with the can can girls and the riverdancing mayhem)
Yoda