1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Missing Muppets: The Ones You Miss

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Muppet Master, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

I wonder if we're ever going to see Bertha again. The last we saw of her was in the 2011 movie. Besides the 2011 movie, she also had roles in Muppets on Wheels, Muppet Classic Theater, and Muppets Tonight.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  2. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Who is that, I expect she is a cow, and a background character, so you might spot her in the background whenever there is a big muppet group scene.

3. Mad Monty fan

She's a bluish-green muppet monster.

4. Muppet Master

I miss Inspector Lebrea, he was only on one episode of TMS, but it would have been cool to see him as an antagonist in other TMS episodes, I mean he and J.P. Grose did not last at all.

5. Mad Monty fan

Imagine if Bill the Bubble Guy, Mr. Poodlepants, and Mulch got phone calls from Kermit asking if they would join the muppets again. I know they're underrated, but it would be funny if all of a sudden Bill the Bubble Guy, Mulch, and Mr. Poodlepants were suddenly interested in joining the muppets again.

6. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

While not exactly Muppets, I miss Goriddle Gorilla, Zippy, Warren the Ape, Special Ed and Batly.

7. Muppet Master

I wish those characters would at least have background appearances, though none of them are particularily well liked characters.

8. Mad Monty fan

True. I wouldn't be surprised if Larry and Oliver showed up in the next film. I know my dream will probably get shot down, but I mean maybe James Bobin and Nick Stoller will consider reusing a couple underrated muppets. George the Janitor hasn't been in any new movies for 18 years, so an appearance from him would be nice. And again that dream will probably get shot down, so I better not get too excited about the underrated characters who haven't been used in forever.

9. Mad Monty fan

Another Muppet i'm surprised hasn't been seen since 2010 is Angelo. I guess i shouldn't be surprised though since the puppet was only designed primarily for Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora and that was the reason for Angelo not appearing in The Muppets and Muppets Most Wanted.

10. LamangoNumber2

Angelo was a what not recently in the new Muppet series. Seen from the back.

11. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

So many Muppets I'd like to return. The top eight are Hilda, Digit, Droop, Clifford, Johnny Fiama, Sal, and Mildred.

12. LamangoNumber2

Droop and Mildred have been rebuilt.

LaRanaRene likes this.
  13. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Just give me Johnny and Sal (preferably both) and I'll be happy. Glad that some new Pigs in Space videos will be out in the future. It'll certainly be nice to see Link and Strangepork again.

LaRanaRene likes this.
  14. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I might sound like a Debbie downer but, the Johnny & sal puppets are disintegrated.

15. Mo Frackle

You realize puppets can be rebuilt, right?

LaRanaRene likes this.
  16. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I know. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think either of them have said anything yet (besides Droop's brief appearance in that interview). I'd like them to. Judging from The Muppets Valentine's Show, they seem like really interesting characters; Droop being depressed and Mildred being Mildred.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  17. LamangoNumber2

OH BS. Lips, a puppet introduced in the late 70s, was around until like, months ago, after Steve accidentally sent the trumpet through his face. It was exposed foam. It lasted for almost 45 years. Johnny and Sal, one built earlier then the other, with fleece covering the foam, and barely anyone using them? They've likely lasted.

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  18. Mo Frackle

Actually, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Bill Barretta mentioned Johnny and Sal aren't in very good shape. But of course, "vaguely" is the key word here. I find it difficult to believe myself.

19. Muppet Master

What I was wondering is why they don't use Crazy Harry or Beauregard on the new muppet show, they've only appeared in the background. Also, Link Hogthrob is nowhere to be found in the new show yet he appeared in the Crumpets commercial. Johnny and Sal unfortunately probably won't be coming back, they were in the Bohemian Rhapsody video which was in 2009, so maybe they can be seen as background characters, but I assume the puppets are in bad shape, lost, or they just forgot about the characters.

LaRanaRene likes this.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

There's too many characters and too little time to begin with. I like the idea of focusing on the core characters. Though I wish there were more opportunities to shove some of them in, like the Newsman trying to sell his daughter's girl scout cookies. The characters are there, but only in background. I feel these characters would work better if they did more viral stuff to supplement the series.