Mistakes in Muppet Films

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I found these at www.moviemistakes.com:

Muppets From Space (1999) - 3 mistakes

-- When the agent shows the sprial for the pattern of the messages. The spiral goes through South America and America. But the agent, before, showed two messages that aren't in the pattern one in England (stone henge) the other was in Cario Egypt.

-- When Rizzo is with the other lab rats and David Arquette says about having a funny boy, he bangs Rizzo's little yellow cap down on his head. In the changing shots, the angle of the hat alters about 5 times; sometimes it is on straight, then its half cocked to the side and at one stage it is on completely backwards.

-- Gonzo is eating an alphabet cereal for breakfast and aliens spell out messages. They tell him in one to "watch the skies" and there is a yellow toy plastic telescope that was in the box. Gonzo holds the telescope to his eye at one point but then he looks at a new message being spelled out and the telescope is shown back on top of the cereal

The Great Muppet Caper (1981) - 2 mistakes

-- If Lady Holiday and Nicky are supposed to be brother and sister, then why does she have an English accent and he doesn't?

-- This is from the scene where Miss Piggy is synchronize-swimming. If you look closely at the women that are coming up out of the water before Miss Piggy shoots up on that tower of water, you'll see that they taped it and then played it backwards. You can see the splash meeting their arms as they each bring them closer to the water.

THESE TWO ARE MY FAVORITE:

The Muppet Movie (1979) - 1 mistake

-- In the scene when Kermit confronts Doc Hopper he comes walking out of the bar. If you look at the top of Kermits legs when he walks out, two pair of hands can be seen moving the legs

Muppet Treasure Island (1996) - 1 mistake

-- When Angel Marie comes up to attack Fozzie, you can very easily see the forehead of the puppeteer, as well as the T formed by the human hand merging with the puppet hand

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by trekkie1701E

The Great Muppet Caper (1981) - 2 mistakes

-- If Lady Holiday and Nicky are supposed to be brother and sister, then why does she have an English accent and he doesn't?

I believe this one was purposeful. It adds to the humor that this is just a movie. And a comedy at that.

scarecroe

Reaction score
It's neither a mistake or comedy. You can't have fire under water, people :rolleyes:

Joggy

Reaction score
From the MCC DVD as told by Brian Henson...

In the song "Thankful Heart", Scrooge gives coals as a present to his bookkeepers. In the old days, coals were Christmas presents for bad little kids...

MUPPET MOVIE
Fozzie buys Kermit a green ice cream. In the next shot it turns to grey.

WiGgY

Reaction score
About the GMC water scene, it's not really a mistake as it was done on purpose. In the movies, that's how they do scenes when people, or pigs, rise from the water. This way, Miss Piggy isn't all wet when she cmoes out and you can see that fire all lit up.

Now about Lady Holiday's brother, again not really a mistake because obviously they all knew about this. It's possible that he was raised in America. I know 2 sets of siblings where one was raised in another country and thus has a different accent when speaking. This would ft the story, but I believe it was really done for the comedy of it being just a movie.

The rest seem like mistakes though. MFS was full of them. I saw many a puppetter in that movie. Too many to even count, well actually I'm just lazy :big_grin: .

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Are you sure the ice cream thing isn't due to the angle of the sun shinning down on it? I know what you guys mean, but i'm sure it's not real ice cream and there for the sun might make it look diffrent.

Well there's the Spocket in the kitchen with Jim Henson but also in the gang of Muppets singing,at the same time in the end of MFC.

Zack,

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well, if Sprocket is anything like my dog, he can be in two places at once. Man can pets move fast. :big_grin:

About the ice cream thing, There were at least 2 ice cream scoops used. One was the new unmelted one Fozzie got and the other was the melty looking one Fozzie handed to Kermit. So, it's possible that the color actually changed.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
It's neither a mistake or comedy. You can't have fire under water, people :rolleyes:
What the heck are you talking about???

As far as Nicky being American, and his sister not, that IS comedy! What are you talking about, scarecroe?