1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Mister Rogers' documentary "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" to debut in select theaters June 8, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phillip, Mar 20, 2018.

1. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Well you should plan to see it sometime then!

2. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

Okay, my dudes, it’s time to come out of retirement.

Grammar Class
    With @Old Thunder

“The” chance. I would only get THE chance. “To chance” means “to risk”. “We knew the bridge was unsafe, but we decided to chance it.” You’re using chance as a noun here, not a verb, so you need the article “the” with it, instead of the particle “to”, which, in the English language, serves as a marker for a verb used as an infinitive.

This is redundant. Drop one and keep the other; you needn’t include both of them.
    “I would see it if I could.”
    “I would love to see it, but that isn’t possible for me at present.”

This isn’t a grammatical error, but does this mean you’ll watch a bunch of clips since you can’t see the whole thing? Wouldn’t that spoil the entire enterprise? You do you, I guess. ‘Twould be more beneficial to watch it online, eh?

Anyway, follow these simple guide points and soon you’ll be speaking English like a pro.

Froggy Fool, ConsummateVs and gavry3 like this.
  3. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

PREACH

4. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

I had planned on seeing it through a local TV station long before joining this discussion.

5. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

I did not intend on typing "to chance" in my previous message (I would correct it if I could). It was most likely a typographical error (I would had considered that possibility if I were in your position).

As for the end to my previous message, I was referencing the times in which I had only seen clips of the movie.

6. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

what has this thread become?! lmao :skeptical:

ConsummateVs likes this.
  7. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

In case this message was made in reference to this discussion, I would say that it had become a more open one.

8. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Instead of Mister Rogers it's become School House Rock.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  9. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

What the heck has this thread. I never clicked on it before but decided too because I wanted to see what people thought but MY GOD...

ConsummateVs likes this.
  10. Old Thunder

Would have considered.

11. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Can you please explain this message?
    ;) :rolleyes:

12. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Can you please explain this message?

13. Old Thunder

Come on, man. You’ll never be my star pupil if you don’t at least try to make some grammatical sense.

Froggy Fool and BlakeConor14 like this.
  14. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

First of all, what on earth has happened to this thread?

Second...
    I can't not read that in a Strong Bad voice. It's just so... him.

Old Thunder likes this.
  15. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

For FroggyFool and gavry3's benefit, it seems that Mario500's post that you're quoting in your replies from which your confusion stems is related to the other posts above between Mario500 and OldThunder's grammar class. Hope this helps clear things up.

16. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

This is going to be on my PBS affiliate once again tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday.

17. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

Were you referencing the documentary that was being discussed here earlier?

18. MikaelaMuppet

No. I'm talking about the one hosted by Michael Keaton called It's You I Like.

Mario500 likes this.
  19. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

Could you also tell me which "PBS affiliate" you were referencing?

20. MikaelaMuppet

Sure. NHPBS.

Mario500 likes this.