Mister Rogers Music on Muppet Central Radio

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Music of Mister Rogers

Beginning tonight and continuing for the next couple weeks, 21 of Mister Rogers all-time favorite songs have been added to our Muppet Central Radio rotation. Scott Johnson (Ol Buddy Bert) sent me these tracks and I have been optimizing them for Muppet Central Radio the past couple days. They are from the 1973 record, "Mister Rogers Sings 21 Favorite Songs".

We hope that you enjoy these songs. Through his simple-but-poignant lyrics Fred Rogers (and Johnny Costa on piano), had a way of touching our hearts young and old.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/index.shtml

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Mr. Rogers on Muppet Central Radio

I've noticed that there are a lot of Mr. Rogers songs played on Muppet Central Radio today. I'm sort of wondering if this is used as a tribute to him, since he died on Thursday. I haven't caught too many of his songs on the station before, so I'm wondering.

It probably was used as a tribute since Mr. Rogers is in no way associated with Muppets. (unless you count his characters: King Friday, etc. as Muppets.)

Barry Lee

Reaction score
It is a tribute look at the home page!
It is soo sad:cry:
from
BARRY LEE

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Phil,

Could you loosen up the rotation a little bit ?
Mr. Rogers songs are on nearly every other song.

Thanks

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Gee Warrick have a heart.

It can't ALL be about you every second.

Geesh

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Phil,

Originally posted by Warrick
Mr. Rogers songs are on nearly every other song.
Jeez Hairbo, we can't take you anywhere ! Don't let us have to make Jessica spank you ok ?

:halo:

radionate

Reaction score
I'm rather enjoying the FEW Mr. Rogers songs I've heard. I think its great, and the first one made me choke up a little. :cry:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Ok, sorry... That was a bit rude.

(I knew it would happen)

I suppose its not the same for me, I never knew Mr Rogers, The first time i learnt about him was the day he passed away.

Sorry

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Guys,

Originally posted by Warrick
I suppose its not the same for me, I never knew Mr Rogers, The first time i learnt about him was the day he passed away.
Relax Warrick, i kinda know how you feel. Mr Rogers seems to have had a big impact on the states but we never heard of him. It kinda makes it strange to see him front page on a Henson fan site and on the radio, but sounds like he deserved it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can understand if you have never seen Mister Rogers that you would be wondering why he is getting all this attention, especially because we are a Henson fan site. But to me the success of Sesame Street and Mister Rogers both went hand-in-hand. It's nearly impossible to separate one from the other, especially during the early 1970's when both programs were producing more than a hundred shows a year. They always aired back-to-back and their teachings complimented each other beautifully. Misters Rogers taught about the emotional and psychological while Sesame Street taught about the educational.

His songs will continue to be in our rotation on Muppet Central Radio in the future, however, later this month they will play less frequently in our rotation. His songs are in higher rotation as a tribute to his legacy.

Does anyone have any of these four Mister Rogers' CDs? If so, please click on my e-mail link below and let me know. These would be a big help if anyone has them.

http://www.misterrogers.org/company/music.asp