1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Mister Rogers Music on Muppet Central Radio

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The Music of Mister Rogers

Beginning tonight and continuing for the next couple weeks, 21 of Mister Rogers all-time favorite songs have been added to our Muppet Central Radio rotation. Scott Johnson (Ol Buddy Bert) sent me these tracks and I have been optimizing them for Muppet Central Radio the past couple days. They are from the 1973 record, "Mister Rogers Sings 21 Favorite Songs".

We hope that you enjoy these songs. Through his simple-but-poignant lyrics Fred Rogers (and Johnny Costa on piano), had a way of touching our hearts young and old.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/index.shtml
  2. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Mr. Rogers on Muppet Central Radio

I've noticed that there are a lot of Mr. Rogers songs played on Muppet Central Radio today. I'm sort of wondering if this is used as a tribute to him, since he died on Thursday. I haven't caught too many of his songs on the station before, so I'm wondering.

It probably was used as a tribute since Mr. Rogers is in no way associated with Muppets. (unless you count his characters: King Friday, etc. as Muppets.)
  3. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

It is a tribute look at the home page!
    It is soo sad:cry:
    from
    BARRY LEE
  4. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Phil,

Could you loosen up the rotation a little bit ?
    Mr. Rogers songs are on nearly every other song.

Thanks
  5. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Gee BlueFrackle have a heart.

It can't ALL be about you every second.

Geesh
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

Re: Phil,

Jeez Hairbo, we can't take you anywhere ! Don't let us have to make Jessica spank you ok ?

:halo:
  7. radionate

radionate New Member

I'm rather enjoying the FEW Mr. Rogers songs I've heard. I think its great, and the first one made me choke up a little. :cry:
  8. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Ok, sorry... That was a bit rude.

(I knew it would happen)

I suppose its not the same for me, I never knew Mr Rogers, The first time i learnt about him was the day he passed away.

Sorry
  9. Luke

Luke Active Member

Re: Guys,

Relax BlueFrackle, i kinda know how you feel. Mr Rogers seems to have had a big impact on the states but we never heard of him. It kinda makes it strange to see him front page on a Henson fan site and on the radio, but sounds like he deserved it.
  10. Phillip

I can understand if you have never seen Mister Rogers that you would be wondering why he is getting all this attention, especially because we are a Henson fan site. But to me the success of Sesame Street and Mister Rogers both went hand-in-hand. It's nearly impossible to separate one from the other, especially during the early 1970's when both programs were producing more than a hundred shows a year. They always aired back-to-back and their teachings complimented each other beautifully. Misters Rogers taught about the emotional and psychological while Sesame Street taught about the educational.

His songs will continue to be in our rotation on Muppet Central Radio in the future, however, later this month they will play less frequently in our rotation. His songs are in higher rotation as a tribute to his legacy.

Does anyone have any of these four Mister Rogers' CDs? If so, please click on my e-mail link below and let me know. These would be a big help if anyone has them.

http://www.misterrogers.org/company/music.asp
  11. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Oh wow, I didn't know there were Mister Rogers CDs! I need to own all of these!

And yeah, Mister Rogers and Sesame Street definately go hand in hand. As a child I remember not being able to seperate one from the other. They were on right after one another and I watched them everyday just about.
  12. Clean Gultch

Clean Gultch New Member

I wanna listen to these songs but i got a little problem. When i first used live 365, i had it set to play in windows media player, and the player broke or something, so for a while i was playing a saved stream in musicmatch jukebox. now when i play it in there, it says please log in or something. and when i try to access the station from live365.com, it says "explorer has caused an error". if anyone could help me, please do.

note: its doing this because i have my live365 window associated with windows media, which is broke
  13. Phillip

Click on "listener settings" and change your player to the Live365 player. You shouldn't have any trouble. Let us know how it goes though.
  14. Clean Gultch

Clean Gultch New Member

oh thx! ill give it a shot.
  15. AndyL

AndyL New Member

Re: The Music of Mister Rogers

Wow, Hearing these songs made me remember watching Mister Rogers far better than all of the television specials and various articles and obituaries did.

Thank you very much.

-Andy
  16. Thijs

Thijs Member

Maybe it's time to remove the Mr. Rogers songs from the list now?
  17. Phillip

Right now around 8 Fred Rogers songs play each day maximum (that's only 1.1%). Given that about 720 tunes are played daily, this isn't an overwhelming ratio. The Fred Rogers tracks are generally rated very well so people seem to enjoy them. If the ratings on those songs go down, we may reconsider at some point.

However, according to the track ratings we have, it seems that more people would actually like to hear more Fred Rogers than less.
  18. Thijs

Thijs Member

So those rating buttons have a purpose? Ok, thanks for the tip :D

No serious, I really think Muppet Central Radio should only include Muppet-related songs.
  19. Smy Guiley

Smy Guiley New Member

I'm noticing that nobody outside North America is appreciating the Fred Rogers rotation, are they? I can't blame them, and it's hard to understand Mister Rogers' impact if you didn't grow up with him. However, I would hate to see him pulled, he was very important to us. To everyone else in the world, Sesame Street was an import (unless there was a local version produced for your country) and I'm guessing Mister Rogers wasn't exported as extensively. He just couldn't have been a nicer man, helping kids deal with feelings and such. I suppose if some other show that ran on one side or another of SS in another country were added to rotation, we'd all be a little confused too.

Just listen to what he's saying. Anyway, Mister Rogers was on Sesame Street a few times, so there's a direct link, anyway. No wait, that won't work either, as I don't want to hear Goo Goo Dolls added to the rotation. :)

later
    eric
  20. Thijs

Thijs Member

Elton John was on the Muppet Show once. Well, put a dozen Elton John songs in the list too. I'm sure they will be rated perfectly.

And please, remove "Big Bird oh Big Bird" too
    I hate it:)