Monster Clubhouse

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, we expressed opinions of Elmo's world, but I want to talk about Monster Clubhouse.

Basically, I think this part is quite uneven. At points, it is funny and entertaining, while other parts still are annoying and pointless. I mean, I like the "Chased by an elephant" parts, not to mention "Who could that possibly be?" featuring a nerdy muppet portraied by Jerry Nelson (whose character reminds me of Gill on the Simpsons). And Snack Time is varyingly funny, when they eat the picture of bananas (instead of an actual bunch), a salami helmet ("it me favorite part"), and such.

However, I did not come to praise it, I just think that it's awful silly at times (sometimes I just drop the silly part and leave it as "Awful"). I really don't like the pink or Green monsters. I do, however like Mel and Narf (sp)

But in all honesty, I'd rather see Cookie Monster, Grover, or Herry when the monsters tell us "iiiiit's Monster Tiiiime!!!"

roadrat15

Reaction score
Don't start me on this . . .you did! . . . .you asked for it! . . . .I always thought the 'old format' was perfect the way it was. There was no need to give chunks of it away to Elmo or the Clubhouse. To me it's just stale repetition each week on the same theme whereas the old skits were random and could lead you anywhere.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
not to mention "Who could that possibly be?" featuring a nerdy muppet portraied by Jerry Nelson
*laughs*, that's not Jerry. That's someone trying to sound like a Jerry character. Not that there's anything wrong with that, imitation is the highest form of flatter... it's just not very original.

As for my opinion on MC, I'd rather not get into it. Let's just say that I change the channel when it comes on. I don't want my daughter being subjected to that trash.

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Hey there everybody,

I really don't care much for "Monster's Clubhouse". I don't think the characters are terribly interesting, well-defined or memorable in any way. Of course, in the span of five minutes (and manic ones at that) it's hard to really develop anything of substance.

I think part of the problem is they're trying too hard to make something crazy and funny. It's comedy of artifice rather than being something truly funny to laugh at.

Another problem is the pacing of the show. There is none. Good comedy and education for that matter needs to have a sense of pace.

I would much rather prefer to see any of other monster segments than the clubhouse, personally. My sister who is an educational programmer says that she finds that pre-schoolers really have least interest in that segment than all the others.

So...that's my two cents.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But I must agree with the roadrat! I wish they didn't screw up the format! I mean, every once and a while and Elmo's world or a Monster club house is okay, BUT EVERY DAY!?!?!?

To tell you the truth, I don't like monster clubhouse, and though I got a few quick cheap laughs (well..the first time I saw it anyway!) I'd rather something more intellegent. Heck, Spongebob is Shakespear compaird to this!!!

But I still say the writing is wayyyy too uneven for it to even exist. I also change the channel, sometimes I recoil in horror!!! I'd rather see a week's work of Elmo's world than one Monster Clubhouse. I'm sorry If I gave you the impression I liked it, since I obviously don't.

No wonder why half of everybody left to do Between the Lions!

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
No worries, on my end. I didn't get the sense that you enjoyed the segment.

In terms of the format of sesame street...which is a whole other discussion...I have a hard time seperated the feeling having something of my childhood tampered with or something that was genuinely done to benefit the education of children.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But in all honesty, the Little Muppet Monsters could have kicked their butts!!!

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
But in all honesty, the Little Muppet Monsters could have kicked their butts!!!
LOL - Agreed! I saw the show each time it was on and was so disappointed that it was taken off the air.

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
Drtooth

Speaking of Elmo's World's daily inclusion in the show: According to what I hear, it is very uncommon to have a children's show that is an hour long. Think about it, there are none other than Sesame Street. By adding Elmo's World to the show, they are, in essence, making it a 45 minute show, and Elmo's World, thus making it more appealing to the PBS stations who buy and air it. That's what I hear, anyway.

Scott

FozzieBear

Reaction score
Ok,

I started the thread about Elmos World a little while back, so I thought I might as well have my say about Monster Clubhouse.

I like the little song at the start.

M-O-N-S-T-E-R C-L-U-B HOUSE!!!!

That is about the only good thing about it. They have no name monsters when they could have monsters like Telly, Harry, Grover, Rosita (*shudder*), the two headed monster (cant think of its name). They are monsters that we all know, even the little kids. By the way... What episode number are you up to in America. Australia is up to Ep #3976

FozzieBear :stick_out_tongue: