Monster Puppet for Sale

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Well, the greedy folks behind eBay pulled the original listing of the orange monster puppet because I linked to my own site, Project Puppet, in the description. I love those guys and their monopolistic rules. Alright I'll stop. :smile:

At any rate, the monster is relisted for those who are interested. Here's the link:

Professional Monster Hand Puppet

(I wonder if eBay allows me to link to their site from outside sites...oh, but of course!...Okay I'll stop now. :wink:)

wes

Reaction score
This is why my Wife doesn't let me have the credit card, I would soo buy this! Nice!

Pork

Reaction score
Awww, he's one of the example monsters for the monstro puppet pattern isn't he? He's adorable. Unfortunately, I'm trying to save at the moment.

Twitch92

Reaction score
I wish i had the extra cash in my pockets. He (she?) came out beautifully.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
There's a tiny part of me inside that dies every time I see something adorable. I think this is robbing any potentially future children I have of their own adorablility (I often refer to this as an ovary rupturing). Indeed, another ovary just GONE.

Very, very cute.

Also, I like the term Re-Home.

Also, ebay is for the lactose-tolerant

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hilarious, staceyrebecca!

Thanks for all the comments guys.:smile:

Yeah, eBay is really not settling right with me. I'll be limiting my association with those folks.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I have an etsy shop & I really like it. Listing costs are (for 5 photos & a4 month listing) for 20 cents plus 3.5% of the sale once its sold). There are ups and downs to Etsy, but its just a matter of where you feel most comfortable.

Whispers

Reaction score
eBay removed it because of THAT? That's incredibly stupid..
anyways, awesome monster puppet! That extra black fur makes it so much more expressive, good luck selling! I see someone has already bid =]
By the way, how did you make such large eyes? O:

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Etsy sounds much much better than the nickel and dime-ing that eBay does. They obviously have software running on the site, monitoring the auctions to ensure that their ridiculous (and hidden) rules are not broken. So they pulled my listing without warning, and, of course, the listing fees are not refundable (I'm a big bad rule breaker). So I have to pay the same amount to re-list. The problem I have with this, is that they have the software check to see if auctions are breaking their rules AFTER an item is listed, AFTER listing fees have been paid, AFTER potential buyers have been exposed to these "harmful" links. They claim the rules are put in place to protect buyers, so why not run that little piece of code that checks the auction against eBay rules BEFORE an item is listed? Wouldn't that be in the best interest of the buyer? Wouldn't that keep eBay even safer? Of course it would, but it wouldn't pad eBay's pockets. When a company starts making rules like this, no matter how big they are, they are a dishonest business, basically resorting to trickery to add to their profits. I have no tolerance for that type of business. Unfortunately, we live in world with a lot of eBays and AT&Ts and credit scores. Boy do I sound bitter. Sorry I'll get off my soap box now. :smile:

At any rate, thanks for the comments everybody!

Whispers, Andy's eyes were made from plastic spoons...large serving spoons I picked up at Party City...really very simple.