Monster Street - A New Puppet Musical

Mokey's sweet

Reaction score
After failing to get the Rights or my prodjet "Fraggle Rock - The Musical" i began writing my OWN puppet show with my Own puppet chacthers. the basic story is that a man named Posh lives alone untill he falls down a manhole into a place called MONSTER STREET. Once there he meets an arrey of Excentric cast of muppet like Puppets all of which are mad but loveable. Posh falls in love with Sweet the Nightclub singer, Act One is about them winning her heart, Act Two Sweet & Posh get a room at Monster Street Hotel, but all the staff are ill so thier freinds diside to run the Hotel to help them, but they must make sure that Sweet & Posh don't know they are there. Act Two is a parody of the "Happiness Hotel" from The Great Muppet Caper and all ends in a wedding.
here is a bit from the script, what do you think of the story, chacthers & Humor?
at this part of the play Posh has just fallen through the Man Hole and is about to meet Hippie Monster.

Scene Two

:coy: Monster Street – Hippie’s Skip:smile:

(All Black, no lights)
Posh; AHHHHH! (Crashing sounds, random chaos sounds e.g. Big Ben, screaming cat, and car screeching and so on.) Well, that hurt…I can’t see a thing, it’s so dark
Hippie Monster; (Sarcastically) no you don’t say
Posh; (Gasp) who’s that?
Hippie Monster; Who’s who?
Posh; You
Hippie Monster; Who me?
Posh; (Slowly) yes you
Hippie Monster; err…I don’t know
Posh; You don’t know?
Hippie Monster; Well who are you?
Posh; I'm Posh who are you?
Hippie Monster; I DON’T KNOW! THAT’S ASKED YOU!
Posh; You didn't ask me!
Hippie Monster; OK, Who am I?
Posh; (Angry) HOW I’M I SUPSOSTED TO KNOW?
]Hippie Monster; You…could be a mind reader
Posh; OH YES! I’AM SOO A MIND READER!
Hippie Monster; oh really! Psychedelic man! Ok, ok, I’m thinking of a number between 1 & 10
Posh; why you! No, wait, I mean…My mind reading powers, powers created before man existed and are ravished upon more superior ones like me, predict you should…shut up!
Hippie Monster; Wait, wait, I’ve never seen a mind reader before, let me get match.
Posh; oh god
(Hippie Monster lights a green lantern, a green spotlight comes on to represent the light. A skip is revealed, on the side it says; “Hippie’s Crib”, Hippie & Posh are in the skip, above them is a large tube with bluish light coming through it to represent the light from Sweet Avenue. Around the Skip are various trash bins and so on to ready for Hippie’s upcoming musical number. Hippie turns and looks at Posh they both scream and duck into the skip; they slowly come back up again)
Hippie Monster; Sorry man, you scared the Gebers outta me
Posh; (Mumbled) yah, yah don’t worry about my Gebers or anything!
Hippie Monster; hey man?
Posh; Oh, lord help me – (Turns to Hippie Monster) yes, what is it?
Hippie Monster; By any chance have you seen a Mind Reader round here?
Posh; Oh, err, he just left.
Hippie Monster; arh Dang! Bogus man! Unnarly! Most untriumphant!
(Posh looks at his watch, is about to speak but Hippie Monster interrupts)
Uncool! Most unfair! Na man, no, no, no
(Posh waits and checks Hippies not going to say anything more)
Posh; Well anyway –
Hippie Monster; ah no man! Bad karma! Oh! –
Posh; Yes alright! Alright! Wasn’t all that bad
Hippie Monster; Is to me.
Posh; Shut up ok, just shut up!
Hippie Monster; No man, no I have the right to speak, we all have our own personal freedom! (Hippie stands tall and suddenly the American national anthem plays, Posh looks around trying to find the source of the music.) For in our modern democracy we all have the right to speak our mind, there’s nothing that oppressors like you can do to me, to give up my freedom (music stops, posh looks at him)
Posh; Here’s a fiver (Hands Hippie a fiver).
Hippie Monster; Ok I’ll shut up now.
Posh; Ok, you err, odd little man (Hippie Monster smiles goofily, does a ridiculously stilly laugh) I’m goanna go now, bye (is about to leave but Hippie Monster stops him)
Hippie Monster; My name is Hippie Monster
Posh; How come you can suddenly remember your name?
Hippie Monster; it’s on me undies, see? (Points to the puppeteer’s arm where the legs would be)
Posh; Ok than, err Hippie Monster, it was very...bizarre to meet you (Begins to leave but once again is stopped by Hippie Monster) oh lord, what now?
Hippie Monster; Can’t you hear it?
Posh; (To Himself) oh great! Now he’s hearing voices, (Looks up) Oh lord, why? Why do this to me? What have I done?
Hippie Monster; Yah man, it’s kind of like “Boom-Boom-chicka – boom Boom-Boom-chicka – boom (Starts giggling around in what must be a feeble attempt to beat box) Boom-Boom-chicka – boom
Posh puts his hand over Hippie’s mouth, Hippie of course stops, but soon begins to do the tune through Posh’s hand.)
Posh; no, no you stop that now, ok, in a minute I’m goanna remove my hand from your mouth and from that point on, I do not want to hear that tune again, understand?
Hippie nods) good, (Removes hand) ok, right, now here is a nice simple question ok? Right, and if you answer correctly, you’ll get the biscuit (Holds up a bone shaped biscuit), ok? Right, where am I?
Hippie Monster; (Gets the lantern and shines it on a sign saying “Monster street” in bold letters) your in Monster Street my friend.
Posh; good boy! (Gives Hippie the Biscuit and ruffles his head) Good boy! Wait, hold on a tick (Looks up at the sign) did you say, Monster Street?
Hippie Monster; Well, I think I did, or maybe I just imagined it, or even -
Posh; THE MONSTER STREET?
Hippie Monster; I was like, kinda talking just than man I think it’s very rude to –
Posh; For years I have always wanted to come here!
Hippie Monster; Hello? I’m still talking here! And one other thing –
Posh; Now my dreams have come true
Hippie Monster; fine whatever! (Turns away and sulks)
Posh; For now I (sees Hippie Monster Sulking), oh, I’m sorry what were you saying?
Hippie Monster; oh, never mind (Cheers up again) hay? Can you hear it?
Posh; Look, what did I say about the tune? (Hippie stands on the edge of the skip, suddenly a catchy drumbeat plays and does the twist with his left leg) NO! Don’t even think about it. (Hippie changes legs, does both legs and finally jumps off the skip to start the next number)
BEAT OF YOUR LIFE
(A simple drum beat plays mixed with some cow bells)
Hippie Monster; Boom, chicka, chicka,
Boom, chicka, chicka,
Boom, tiss, tiss
Bomb, bar, bi, da
Boom, tiss, tiss
Bomb, bar, bi, da
Wah, Wah, Wahhh
Bomb, dicka, bomb
Boom, tiss, tiss
Chorus)
Can you hear it
Bomb, dicka, bomb
Can you feel it
Bomb, bar, bi, da
Can you sense it?
Can you hear the beat?
When you move your feet
When you glide and slide
That’s when you find
The beat of your life!

It’s the beat of our hearts,
Whenever we’re apart,
It’s what keeps us living
It’s what keeps us smiling,
It stops from sighing,
It stops us from crying,
Chorus
(Hippie Monster gets two sticks and begins to bang the bins, when he does a green and red spotlight lights up both of the bins, he does the same with the various other trashy objects, each time being lit up by colourful spotlights) Come on Posh old boy,
]Life’s like a really fun toy,
Come on Posh, this is your chance,
Your chance to dance
Dance Posh!
(Posh jumps from the skip edge and does some tap routes, Hippie soon joins, all the lights are now flying around the stage)
Hippie Monster & Posh;
Chorus

It’s the beat!
It’s the beat!
It’s the beeeaaat!
Of your life!
Of your life!
Of your life!

It’s the beat of our hearts,
Whenever we’re apart,
It’s what keeps us living,
It’s what keeps us smiling,
It stops from sighing,
It stops us from crying,
It’s the beat!
It’s the beat!
It’s the beeeaaat!
Of your life!
Of your life!
Of your life!
(Song End)
Hippie Monster; Posh, you’re quite a groovy dancer dude, hey! I know man! Come and dance at the nightclub!
Posh; Nightclub? What’s a Nightclub?
Hippie Monster; you’ll find out! (Grabs Posh’s hand) come on
Posh; wait, are you sure they won’t mind me being there?
Hippie Monster; Won’t mind? Won’t mind? Of course they won’t mind! What makes you think they will mind you being there?
Posh; Well, back up there (Points to the pipe) no one really liked me because I was, well, different.
Hippie Monster; and? What’s wrong with being different? Now come on man, I promise you’ll have a blast. (Posh nods in agreement) well, onward ho! (Takes him off stage with an instrumental version of “Beat of our lives” playing in the background. Black out)