Monsterpiece Theater - The Dirty Dozen

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Partially inspired by a game of Helping Hands from Who's Line?

*Fade into Allistair Cookie's library*

ALLISTAIR COOKIE: Hello, and good eve-a-ning; me Allistair Cookie, and me welcome you to Monsterpiece Theater. Tonight, me proud to present to you quirky little comedy-drama called "The Dirty Dozen"... very ed-u-cay-shun-al stuff, here. And now, sit back and enjoy "The Dirty Dozen".

*Fade into a grocery store where Fat Blue is shopping*

FAT BLUE: Boy, oh boy, I finally got my pay check... now, I can buy some food to eat... now let's see... *Looks at shopping list* Carton of milk... *Looks in buggy* Check... *Looks at list* Loaf of bread... *Looks in buggy* Check... *Looks at list* Stick of butter... *Looks in buggy* Check, and now... a dozen eggs... *Looks in buggy* Check!

PA ANNOUNCER: Attention all Sesame Market shoppers, for your convenience, aisle one is now open for express check out; aisle one is now open for express check out. Thank you.

FAT BLUE: Oh, fantastic...

*Fat Blue pushes his buggy up to the express check out lane to check out*

GROVER: Good afternoon sir, I... *Sees it's Fat Blue* Oh, good afternoon sir! Nice to see you again!

FAT BLUE: Oh no... no! NO! Not YOU again! Why? ! Why is it YOU work at every place I go? !

GROVER: Hmm... that is a toughie... but I have a more pertenent question.

FAT BLUE: What's that?

GROVER: Why do YOU go every place I work?

FAT BLUE: Oh, brother... forget it... I'll just go through another line...

GROVER: I'm sorry sir, but this is the only line we have.

FAT BLUE: The only line? You mean to tell me this grocery store has only ONE check out line? !

GROVER: That is part of this store's charm, sir; why do we need other lines when we have only one person working here?

FAT BLUE: YOU are the ONLY person who works here? !

GROVER: Yes sir, welcome to Grover's Groceries! I am your manager, janitor, stock boy, check-out clerk, customer service representative, AND the loyal bag boy.

FAT BLUE: *Sarcastically* Boy, you must have riotous Christmas parties...

GROVER: *Laughs* Good one, sir! I will have to remember that one... now, let us get you checked out, shall we? *Grabs the stick of butter* What is this?

FAT BLUE: What do you mean what is it? It's a stick of butter!

GROVER: I do not think so sir... look at this picture... *Shows Fat Blue the pictoral inventory list* See there? A stick of butter is a lovely shade of yellow...

FAT BLUE: Yeah...

GROVER: THIS stick is a rather dull shade of gray...

FAT BLUE: That's the WRAPPER! The stick of butter is INSIDE the wrapper!

GROVER: Oh go on! How can that be? I will check... *Opens the wrapper* Well, what do you know, it IS yellow alright... *Sniffs it* Smells like butter... *Licks it* TASTES like butter too! Then this MUST be a stick of butter!

FAT BLUE: Hey, now wait just a minute...!

GROVER: *Grabs the loaf of bread* Now what do you have here?

FAT BLUE: That's a loaf of bread!

GROVER: You sure? It doesn't look like a loaf of bread... lookie here... *Points to the picture of a loaf of bread on the pictoral inventory list* See there? THAT is a loaf of bread... see how it has golden brown crust, and soft white inside?

FAT BLUE: I know, but...

GROVER: THIS is shiney and yellow, it does not look like a loaf of bread to me!

FAT BLUE: That's the bag! The loaf of bread is inside!

GROVER: Oh, another inside job, huh? Let's see... *Rips open the bag* Well, what do you know, there IS a loaf of bread in here... but just to make sure... *Sniffs it* Yeah, smells like freshly-baked bread... *Grabs a slice and eats it* Mmm! Tastes like freshly-baked bread too! Oh, I bet this stick of butter would go nicely on this...

FAT BLUE: HEY!

GROVER: I am sorry sir, yes, let's continue... *Grabs the carton of milk* Now, you tell me what this is.

FAT BLUE: THAT IS A CARTON OF MILK!

GROVER: A carton of milk, huh? *Looks at pictoral inventory list* Well, milk is wet and white... THIS is white alright... but, it isn't wet, it's dry...

FAT BLUE: THAT'S JUST THE CARTON! THE MILK IS INSIDE!

GROVER: Is it now? *Opens the carton* Hey, sir you are right, there IS milk in here! Oh, after that slice of bread, I am kind of thirsty... *Drinks from the carton*

FAT BLUE: WHY YOU LITTLE...

GROVER: There is no need to shout sir, you will draw attention from all the other customers... now then... *Grabs the eggs*

FAT BLUE: Careful! Those are the eggs!

GROVER: Eggs? Oh, ha-ha-ha, very good sir, but I am one step ahead of you this time... see, I know that the eggs are INSIDE here... and I will just open the box and... *Opens* Hey... wait just a minute...

FAT BLUE: NOW what? !

GROVER: These are not eggs!

FAT BLUE: OF COURSE THEY ARE! ! !

GROVER: No, no, no... see, lookie here... *Points to pictoral inventory list* See there? THOSE are eggs... kind of oval-shaped and white? THESE are oval-shaped, but they are BROWN, they are NOT white...

FAT BLUE: They're SUPPOSED to be BROWN! I PREFER BROWN EGGS TO WHITE EGGS!

GROVER: BROWN eggs? ! *Counts the eggs*

FAT BLUE: NOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING? !

GROVER: And you have twelve of them... twelve brown eggs... you realize what this means, sir?

FAT BLUE: WHAT? !

GROVER: That means that you sir, have a DIRTY dozen!

FAT BLUE: *Moans and faints*

GROVER: *Looks at groceries* Hmm... uh sir? Is it alright if I help myself to some scrambled eggs, and buttered toast?

*Fade into Allistair Cookie's library*

ALLISTAIR COOKIE: And so end "The Dirty Dozen"...

*The green and lavendar AM walk past Cookie, dressed in medical uniforms, and carrying a stretcher; seconds later, they walk back in their original direction, with Fat Blue, moaning, on the stretcher*

ALLISTAIR COOKIE: Boy, that blue man really class act... he even convinced the paramedics! *Laughs* Well, that all the time we have tonight, this Allistair Cookie saying goodnight from Monsterpiece Theater.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was Super Special Awesome!

ISNorden

Reaction score
And here I was, picturing a "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" remake that ended with some guy scrubbing a filthy number 12. Thanks for the surprise!