1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Monsters University teaser online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muppet fan 123, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

The upcoming 2013 Pixar film Monsters University's first teaser was released last night online, which you can watch here.
    http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/monst...sters-university-teaser-trailer-29717274.html
    What are your thoughts?
    Personally, I don't like the look of it now, but truthfully, I've never liked how a Pixar movie looked a year before it comes out. I'm just excited there's another Monsters movie. Monsters Inc is one of my favorite movies.
    (Is Frank Oz going to be in this new Monsters?)
    DannyRWW likes this.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Teaser usually means sequences that aren't in the final movie, especially if they're Pixar films. There was a Teaser for Despicable Me 2 all the way back in April, and that just showed minions capering about.

But Pixar is famous for teasers that are completely original footage, separate from the finished film. The Incredibles was nothing more than a sequence of Mr. Incredible having trouble fitting into his old costume, for example.

I am pretty excited about this film, since the first one was one of my top Pixar favorites. I'm hoping it's a very decent follow up (or follow behind, as it were), as they're sequels have been very good so far. Though Cars 2 was Saturday morning cartoony in it's concept.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  3. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

Funny teaser, I'm certainly exciting to see Monsters University. Plus, it would be interesting to how Pixar handled their first prequel. My favorite part was when Sulley lifted the bedcovers to see Mike sleeping and taking the tube Gleww in his hand :laugh:
    And Mike makes a nice disco ball :D

According to IMDB, he is.
  4. Muppet fan 123

5. Drtooth

Not a reliable source half the time... though I did read he was to come back when the film was in the concept stage. I wonder if Celia is going to be in the film at all either. They really didn't give out too much info about what to expect as of yet.
  6. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

Well, we just have to wait and see and watch Brave and other Pixar movies to pass time.
  7. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Pixar, another of my favorite things. Yaaaaaaaaaay!!! I CAN'T WAIT!
    (why do I keep doing that? In. Control.)
  8. Muppet fan 123

My thoughts on Sulley just changed rapidly....
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yaay! I'm excited for this. Monsters, Inc. is one of my favorite movies, and by far my favorite Pixar movie. I can't wait for this one.
  10. Drtooth

It's an old feel good cliche. People who really hated each other becoming the best of friends. I can't wait to see ho them hating each other plays out.
  11. Muppet fan 123

I hope they don't say they met in college.
    In Monsters Inc. Mike says to Sulley (on the way to work at the beginning) "You've been jealous of my good looks since the fourth grade, pal" S they obviously knew each other before that.
  12. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

13. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Heh, heh. Only Pixar. :D
  14. TheWoodringman

TheWoodringman Active Member

Sure, I want to see "Monster's University." but however, I very much would rather have a DIRECT SEQUEL to "Monster's Inc." rather then a prequel.
  15. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Wow, they sure got the user unfriendliness that plagues college websites right :wisdom:
    charlietheowl likes this.
  16. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

You know when I first heared about that movie I thought it will be stupid.
    But when I saw the peveew of it I'm not quite sure if I want to see it!
  17. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Yeah, same here. I was skeptical at first and it does feel like Pixar are pushing their luck with these upcoming squeals and prequels. Buuuuut, that was a pretty good teaser.
    Collgoff likes this.
  18. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you agree with me!
  19. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

20. Drtooth

Problem is, we would have had all these sequels if Pixar and Disney split, and they'd all be completely terrible. I needn't remind anyone of the tragedy that was almost Toy Story 3. As Disney owned the characters, they could do whatever the heck they wanted with them, and Pixar couldn't do anything about it.

I think I read that Monsters Inc was supposed to be a timeskip sequel where they visit Boo as a teenager or something, and get lost in the human world, which could only lead to basically the same 2319 gag from the first movie, only in a different world. So basically the same movie in reverse. Somehow, someone had the brilliant notion that would have ruined the heartwarming ending and they did a prequel instead.

Now, Pixar has been batting pretty good as far as sequels go, the only sequel that people didn't like was a sequel to a movie that people were barely fine with in the first place (Cars). And while it wasn't Pixar's finest, it was nice for them to take a rest from the artistic pathos of their last few films and do something that's kid friendly. Their weakest films certainly hold up against the stronger films of other 3rd party CGI studios. I have a lot of faith in this film. I liked Brave and all, but it felt like it was missing something and it just feels like something completely alien to Pixar. This film seems to be a nice breather until the Dinosaur film, and the Journey into the Human Mind film that sounds so incredibly artistic in its premise it could just alienate anyone under the age of 20.