Moose And Zee's Big Break. Literally.

Bridget

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Okay, I'm not sure if any of you ever take a look at Nick Jr. every once in a while, but If so, I'm pretty sure you've all noticed Moose and Zee's absence. For a pretty long time Moose and Zee have been the hosts and mascots for the program. And ever since 2012, they have been removed from Nick Jr, and replaced instead by a voice-over. Does anyone have any specific thoughts or feelings about this? Do you think that it was best that they cut them from Nick Jr.? Or do you think they were a very important and educational part of the show? Please reply! curious to know your answers! Thanks!
~KissesToKermie :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You're probably too young to remember, but Moose A. Moose and Zee themselves were brought in a replacements when Noggin/Nick Jr. went through their first or so overhaul back in 2002 or so. Before that, we had some kind of alien/robot/android/whatever kind of character, but I don't remember if she had a name or not, but she was kind of round and bluish. They made it a smooth transition: beforehand, they began to use Moose A. Moose in promos for new shows coming to the channel, then finally, they kind of had a series of intersentials where the girl thingy asked Moose and Zee if they would hang out with her friends while she was away, and they said they would.

And even before that, the host/mascot of Noggin was a Flubber-esque character named Phred, who, I believe, used to dance on various different things like pickles, or even the Noggin logo.

Hubert

Reaction score
I didn't realize that Moose and Zee were phased off...I haven't been watching much of Nick Jr. stuff lately. I kind of liked them, sometimes they could be a bit boring, but they were often somewhat entertaining.

I remember Face being the host of Nick Jr :stick_out_tongue:
For some reason I never really cared for Face too much. I don't remember too much about her now, but I think that many of her little promos were a tad bland and boring. A big face just never did it for me.

Bridget

Reaction score
You're probably too young to remember, but Moose A. Moose and Zee themselves were brought in a replacements when Noggin/Nick Jr. went through their first or so overhaul back in 2002 or so. Before that, we had some kind of alien/robot/android/whatever kind of character, but I don't remember if she had a name or not, but she was kind of round and bluish. They made it a smooth transition: beforehand, they began to use Moose A. Moose in promos for new shows coming to the channel, then finally, they kind of had a series of intersentials where the girl thingy asked Moose and Zee if they would hang out with her friends while she was away, and they said they would.

And even before that, the host/mascot of Noggin was a Flubber-esque character named Phred, who, I believe, used to dance on various different things like pickles, or even the Noggin logo.
Yeah, I remember Face being the mascot but not someone named Phred. Interesting!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember Face being the host of Nick Jr :stick_out_tongue:

Ohh... I HATED Face. Especially when they used him for Nick Jr. on CBS. It was mocking me for missing original Saturday morning programming.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Sadly, it seems that the only networks nowadays that show anything that's not "edu-tainment" or pre-K are the CW, along with the Disney, Cartoon Network, and Nick channels (except for the Playhouse Disney and Nick Jr. programming blocks).....

As for Nick Jr., the recent addition of the NickMom prime time programming block from 8:55 p.m.-1 a.m. Central Time (9:55 p.m.-2 a.m. Eastern) might have played a part in Moose & Zee's hiatus....

Bridget

Reaction score

Oh my gosh! Love your YouTube channel videos! Cute little Steve D'Monster!