MopFam III - Same Family, Third Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauregard

Reaction score
The Moppet Family...

It's a role-play based on a tv series that has been acclaimed as, "The greatest non-existent tv series to talk the planet...except it doesn't exist...and cannot walk...sort of crawls...anyway...it's great."

The series was invented for Moppet Central...sorry, we mean Muppet Central of course...*hiding away world domination plans*...a few years back, and has lived in various ways and threads ever since. More info about the history and family can of course be found at the MopFamWiki!

It works as a basic sit-com, based around a family living in a world where anything can happen and frequently does -- from a cow in the herbaceous border to a pirate past coming back to haunt, from a pet Yak and a talking Bigfoot to a haunting past coming back to pirate.

How it works is that you play your own characters, generally by:
A. Speech (normal text)​
B. *actions* (within asterisks)​
C. Narration (At the beginning of a post)​

If you want to join the game, you'd be WELCOME! It's always best to send me a PM to work out a character, and I can give you the rest of the rules before posting.

For now, what you should know is that The Moppet Family live in a perfect little house with a white fence and a green lawn (Where brown cows eat green grass and make white milk...wait...I'm getting distracted), and that anything can happen. (Although in all seriousness, we're hoping to keep this series more character based comedy with less giant complex story lines...)

Most of all, it's a comedy! So whether you join, read, or just try to ignore us...please smile and laugh! Life's a game...literally...

- Management

Beauregard

Reaction score
This next post should wrap up the previous MopFam storyline carried over from the last thread, which involved Time Travel and Train Robbers...Thankfully, the train crashed...the gold was saved...and I think time crashed too, because it's taken till now for Father Moppet to---

Father Moppet: *stumbles through a warp-like hole into the Moppet Family kitchen, wearing high-heeled cowboy boots with spurs* Howdy, howdy, wait a minute! *stumbles in boots and hangs onto a chair for support* Hang on...Wait a second, whooah...Hold onto your hats and boots and high-riding horse-riding chappers, chaps...We appear to have returned...*chair back breaks as Father collapses to the floor* Oh honey, I'm home!

--

A few days later, Father walks downstairs in a woolen bathrobe to answer the doorbell.

Father: Hmm...perhaps I shouldn't be wearing this woolen bathrobe at 2.30 in the afternoon...Besides, a woolen bath would just be ridiculous...it would never keep the water in...Shall we just say I walk downstairs in a house-coat instead? *removes bath-robe and puts on a trench-coat from the hat-rack before answering the door..."

Beauregard

Reaction score
(OOC: I'll let her know if and when I see her! Who knows, maybe even Father will get to see her again one day :stick_out_tongue:)

Father: *still in process of opening front door...* Who added all these locks and bolts...Mother? *wondering if maybe, even Father will get to see her again one day...*

minidoozer

Reaction score
A tall beautiful woman with red curls and green eyes is standing outside the door, carrying a little girl about 18 months old on her right arm. In her left hand she's holding a big bag with a yellow flower pattern.

Miss Mingostone: *humming a happy little song while waiting for the door to be opened*

Beauregard

Reaction score
Father: *still opening the door to cheesy door-unlocking sound effects* I don't suppose you'll fit through the cat-flap by any chance? *notices the catflap is also bolted up* Nevermind...*calling* Look, if it's the milkman just leave it on the doormat! And...if you need paying...just take the doormat! It's an original! It was used in that movie with Matt Damen!

minidoozer

Reaction score
Mingostone: It's me, the nanny you called for! *looks at baby girl on her arm* And my daughter. *calls through door* Do you still have that back door?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Father: *unlocking a final chain* Ahh! Right! Ahh! There you are!...*distracted by the 'Ball and Chain' mace standing in the umbrella stand* I knew I'd left that somewhere... *still hasn't got the door open* Be there in a minute!

minidoozer

Reaction score
Mingostone: *hears the chain-unlocking-noises stopping* That's it? *puts down her bag and slowly opens door* You there Mr Moppet?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Father: *other side of the door* Yes? *puts ear to door...rather than just opening it* Miss Mangletone, is that your dulcid tones I hear beyond the woodwork? And the sound of woodworms? And the traffic?

minidoozer

Reaction score
Mingostone: *has opened the door so much that she can just squeeze in* Mr Moppet!

Status
Not open for further replies.