1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

More of Sidebottom?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Princeton, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

As you all probably know, Sidebottom only appeared in three episodes: "Boober's Dream", "Boober's Quiet Day", and "Sidebottom Blues". My question is, do you think more could have been done with the character or was it best that he was only in three eps?

2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I personally want to go on record as Ms. Anti-Sidebottom, lol. True, I did feel a little sorry for him in his first episode. But overall, Sidebottom can't hold a candle to regular Boober's offbeat grumpy humor.

3. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I agree, I did'nt really like him that much, I think he was more of a one episode character :)

4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I guess what I didn't like was that there seemed to be an attitude with the other Fraggles (and in the story's message itself) that Boober somehow "needed" to change and be more like Sidebottom. I liked Boober the way he was and didn't want him to change.

Of course in "Sidebottom Blues" it is acknowledged that Sidebottom is pretty useless in a crisis and needs Boober's guidance. Lol

5. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I guess I didn't like him because it seemed to me like Boober always had a sense of humor in a way and did not need to be over the top with it like everyone else :3

6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I'd certainly have been on the "Less of Sidebottom" side of the fence...but I do see what his point was.