More Time-Live Muppet Show DVD's will arrive in September

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Volumes 11-15 of the "Best of the Muppet Show" will be released by Time-Life in September on DVD for the first time. Volume 11-15 were released on VHS in March 2001.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/082202.shtml

Will you get these DVD's when released? Or will you wait for Columbia's releases? (Columbia hasn't yet announced the street dates of when volumes 3 and following will arrive).

supertulip

Reaction score
I think Time Life too - they'll be cheaper that way, won't they?

grouchman

Reaction score
when it comes to promised video releases, i take nothing for granted. i'm STILL waiting for that promised deluxe dvd edition of "the iron giant" warners has been promising for more than a year.

i'll buy what time-life issues, seeing as how the columbia versions have the same stuff (this is true, right?).

Jackie

Reaction score
I can't wait yyyyyaaaaaaY! Patience is a virtue! :smile:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
YaY!! September looks like a good month for me (and Jackie). Muppet DVDs and Death to Smoochy! All released in the same month! Woooooo!! :smile:

-Matt

Gonzo

Reaction score
If Columbia would announce the rest of them, I'd probably wait for them to do it--it'd be less than the Time-Life DVDs for me at this point.

But it looks like they're not.

Quinnnnnnn

Stulz

Reaction score
huh?

-Time-Life will be releasing volumes 11-15 on DVD by the end of September with plans to have the new volumes available for purchase on-line immediately following. "The Best of the Muppet Show" volumes 11-15 were originally released in March 2001, but only on VHS.-

with plans to have the new volumes available for purchase on-line immediately following

Phil.. Does this mean that Columbis will release 11-15, then follow up with 16-20 immediately following or what???

Kinda confused by your paragraph....

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm only talking about Time-Life there. Time-Life will make 11-15 available on-line (sometimes they'll have the product for a couple weeks by phone order before it makes it to their on-line store).

Beyond Columbia's vol. 1-2 (which will be out next Tuesday), we currently have no idea when Columbia will release volumes 3-20. I've seen Columbia's release schedule through November and there are no more TMS DVD's announced as of today. So that's why I recommend you get the Time-Life discs when they come out since there is no guarantee Columbia WILL release them if the early ones don't sell well or if they decide to go in a different direction with the line.

Columbia is selling these discs in stores. Time-Life is selling them on-line.

MuppetVison

Reaction score
Is the episdoe when Stantler and Waldorf (spelling?) Kills the muppets on Video or DVD yet? Thats my favorite one!