1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Morning with the Muppets

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by MelissaY1, May 9, 2016.

1. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The Muppets are never going to have any kind of special event like this outside NYC, are they?

3. MelissaY1

Hate to say it probably not only because NYC is a major city, has major media coverage, etc. NY Media Mag that owns Vulture who's running this is based out of NY so here they are again.

4. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

5. MelissaY1

Not surprised. BTW what a beautiful cat in your avatar!

MikaelaMuppet and scooterfan360 like this.
  6. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

thanks :), he's mine. I got to start keeping up with events that evolves the Muppets.

MikaelaMuppet and MelissaY1 like this.
  7. SpookyMania

SpookyMania Member

Got my tickets! This'll be my first time seeing any of the Muppets in person. I cannot WAIT!! :)

MelissaY1 likes this.
  8. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

How was this? I heard it was good and that the people attending saw about 4 seconds of the new Pigs in Space videos! I hope video of the panel is put up on YouTube! Any word about what's next?

Muppy likes this.
  9. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Me too! Hopefully someone filmed the panel. I really want to see the Pigs in Space clip!

scooterfan360 likes this.
  10. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I checked the Vulture YouTube channel and it had pretty much every panel from last year in full. So it will more than likely turn up.

11. SpookyMania

SpookyMania Member

The panel was really fascinating! First a video was shown (sort of a Muppets greatest hits kind of thing, which included clips from the so-far-unseen Pigs in Space viral videos), then Kermit was introduced for a one-on-one interview with the moderator. After that, they introduced Fozzie, asked him some questions, and there was a lot of really funny banter between Kermit and Fozzie, including Kermit having to break the news to Fozzie that the show had gotten cancelled. It was bittersweet, but was a great comedic moment.
    After that, the moderator conducted an interview with both Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson (Peter Linz was also there, performing Fozzie's right hand). There was some really great insight into their careers and what it's like to be a puppeteer, which led to them taking some volunteers from the audience to show them how puppeteering is done. At that point, Jacobson brought out Animal, which practically brought the house down. After the puppeteering demonstration, they took a few questions from the audience (I got to ask one!) and after that, they wrapped up. If there was any disappointment during the event, at least for me, it's that Beaker never made an appearance, though it was announced he would. It's just a shame because he's my sister's favorite and she was looking forward to it. But all in all, it was a really entertaining hour-and-a-half and I'm very happy I got to experience it.

12. MelissaY1

What question did you ask? I was there! I had a great time and also thought the panel was a lot of fun. I am thrilled when I learn new things at these events, or hear stories I haven't heard before. I was also thrilled when Steve Whitmire gave me a shout out in the middle of telling some great Jim story. I was embarrassed and exhilarated at the same time lol

13. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Anybody find the panel yet?

14. MelissaY1

No, I'd love to but I haven't actively looked much since last week, either

15. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

And don't forget California!

16. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The kid who appeared with his puppet Rufus in episode 4503 of Sesame Street has video of the event:

ShMuppetgal96 and Pig's Laundry like this.
  17. Pig's Laundry

Wow, this kid is definitely gonna be a Muppeteer one day, he's a way better puppeteer than I was at that age. In fact, he's a way better performer than I am now and i've been doing it for thirteen years! I just watched some of his videos, he's seriously talented, he could become a professional puppeteer right now!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  18. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Here's more footage:

19. Pig's Laundry

20. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

So it is comfirm that Steve is not playing Ernie.