1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Most Iconic Big Bird Design?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by DarthGonzo, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the one Caroll normally used when he was puppeteering him. Nowadays, they mostly seem to use it when Noel MacNeal is inside the bird.

2. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

3. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

that’s what she said, gavry.

No but seriously I do prefer that puppet to the regular one if I’m being honest.

4. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I never want to see Sesame Street associate themselves with this ghetto BS again! Then again, look where Sesame Street is located; Big Bird should be listening to this all the time. :D

5. Pig's Laundry

This is hardly the first time SST has associated themselves with modern popular music.

6. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

*tasteless music

I'll admit I haven't kept up with it; I was aware of the Katy Perry drama and stuff, but to just think this is the same show that had James Taylor and Stevie Wonder in their primes... I'm not saying there's a right or wrong taste in music, but to me it's garbage; Oscar should've been the one dancing. :D

7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well yeah, I mean don't forget, when SS was originally conceived, it was inspired by the ghettos of Harlam, and for all intents and purposes, SS was ghetto in the 70s: run-down buildings, trash all over sidewalk, traffic sounds in the background, etc.

8. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

This is just another way of Sesame trying to connect with an older audience as well.

9. Pig's Laundry

You know what they say, social media is the best way to a millennial's stomach...or something like that.

LittleJerry92 and Froggy Fool like this.